Notices

Estimated price on...

Old 09-20-2002, 11:10 AM
Shibaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Estimated price on...

Alright, I drive an eclipse right now (can be sold at any time to a friend), and I was looking at getting a civic for a little while now. I just happened to notice that CRXs are conciderably cheaper on ebay, but I don't know much about them. What I really want is a car that looks good....maybe not show car quality, but I would want rims, bodykit, nice paintjob and nice interior. The only problem with that is if I was to get a civic with nice exterior/interior, I probably couldn't afford to get one with some go-fast mods too, and here in NoVA there is a lot of street racing.

If I had around around $6.5k to spend on a CRX, would I be able to get one that had nice exterior, decent interior/audio and drove decently fast? I really dont know jack about them, so any info on what I would look for would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:38 AM
WhiteRice

You can find an exceptionally decent Crx for about $2500. Just gotta keep your eye out. You can probably get a cheaper one than that too.

A b16 swap w/all the goodies (gaskets, clutch, etc) 2.5K Assuming you're doing the work.

That leaves 2K for whatever you want. Maybe swap a Teg Dash in there, some Recarro racing seats, maybe a turbo kit of some sort.....I'm sure you'll want new springs, CAI, muffler, etc...all the normal stuff too.

The above quotes, were highballing, I think atleast. Just something to roughly go by.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:01 PM
Shibaz

The only problem with that is I cant do the engine drop myself, so I'm looking at buying a CRX that's already got a B16 or B18 in it. I guess the main question I want answered is:

How much would a CRX go for with a B16, body kit, i/e and some interior upgrades go for on autotrader or ebay?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:10 PM
WhiteRice

You should be able to buy it w/6.5K. Why not buy it w/out all the mods, just the swap. Then do what you need to do w/time?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Shibaz

That sounds like a really good idea, but I don't know the first thing about upgrading the interior etc., and it seems like I would be losing money in the long run.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:31 PM
WhiteRice

It's all going to depreciate over time, so you'll be losing money either way. Just ask questions at the forums. That's what we're here for.

Plus go into hte classifieds, someone is always selling something. Just gotta keep your eyes open!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 12:53 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by Shibaz
The only problem with that is I cant do the engine drop myself, so I'm looking at buying a CRX that's already got a B16 or B18 in it.
i'm in norva and have most of the tools and most of the knowledge necessary to do such swaps...email me and maybe we can work something out

jjkarns@yahoo.com
Old 09-26-2002, 02:36 PM
IrradiatedKitty

You'd be losing money in the long run no matter what. Bodykits/rims/engine swaps... those all add to decreasing the value of a car. stuff like that makes the car appear to have been raced... and who the hell wants a car that was beat on? $6.5k should be more than enough for a CRX though... you can get an exceptionally nice CRX for (at the very most) $3k. But then.. if you're looking for one with a b16/b18 already in it, they'll probably be asking more for it, because the majority of the population thinks that because they put more money in it it's worth more. either way, $6.5k will get you more than a CRX... hell, I'd say look around for one with a zc/b16/b18/jdm/gsr/whatever motor already in it.. a lot of them being sold have a nice interior and exterior. So you may be paying more like 5K.. but you bougt a nice enough car.