Notices

91 CRX Si trade 4 a 94 Civic EX?

Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

askljdfas;kiga[dofgh alegis

OMG its fast.. HAH I did it, I will have pics up SOOONNN

Lots of minor little things need to be fixed, nothing I cant handle.

He just got new tails, and a type R valve cover for it. Dude I have been smile'in since last night, this F'in rocks. I guess I have changed forums from 94 civic to 91 CRX Si (with a nice 170hp B16 JDM motor if I mite add) hahaha.

This is my first B series motor, had a D and had an H, I guess all I need now is a F... haha
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

NO, Now all u need is a K Series motor! That's that Sh*t!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 PM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by racerdave
I guess I have changed forums from 94 civic to 91 CRX Si (with a nice 170hp B16 JDM motor if I mite add) hahaha.
Actually, your prob only puttin 130-140hp to the wheels.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:17 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

USually B16a's put out about 146. That is what I have found. People think they are getting 160 when they get the B16a but they aren't. You need to get I/RH/E quick
those will up your power real quick. I have had my Rex for almost a year and I have got my full head work done, new Ti retainers dua lvalve springs NItride coated flat face supertech racing valves, CTR cams. IT makes a HUGE difference when you are doing all motor. I put soem CTR pistons in my car to to up the CR to around 11.7, plus the addition of the flat face valves.
Have fun with the car tho. AND DEF LEARN HOW TO DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF. Saves alot of money on stuff. Click on the lijnk on my signature, you will see what I got done to mine.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 PM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Yeah, your right, I did some more research and found out im puting out around 140 stock.

But I have a big ass header, full exhaust, intake, head was just done.

It started clicking just before I bought it, so I am going to adjust the valves...

I do all my own work unless I dont have the time or tools.

Thanks for all the info.

Does anyone know where I can go online for valve specs? I am going to do a search on here, I just wanted to know if there is a website I can go to find out stuff about my motor?

If I got a book, what book would I need to get? Since its a JDM B16A ?
Old 04-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

OK, wow, your first post was back-asswards. When you say "CRX trade for Civic," that means you have the CRX and you want to trade for the Civic.

Glad to hear you took the CRX. You definately took the better end of that deal.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:40 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
USually B16a's put out about 146. That is what I have found. People think they are getting 160 when they get the B16a but they aren't.

Yeah, most ppl forget about that 15-20% power loss thru the drivetrain.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

Sorry about the backasswards post, it was late and I wanted to post it on here to see what everyone said before I got the car.
Yeah, I am still getting use to the cable clutch ( I had the hydro), Its a fresh clutch tho, and it grabs reall nice..

I need to get the valves adjusted (atleast I think so) - There is a really loud clicking coming from the head, im my experience, that is usaly valves right? The head was just taken to a machine shop, had a valve grind and got new seals. The guy I got it from, said his friend who installed the head may have left somthing loose? I duno, I didnt think it was to great.. But Sounds like somthing is loose.

What is everyones experience with this clicking?

It does it all the time, no matter if its cold or warm or at low or high rpm, and it is only coming from one side of the motor, and it sounds more like the front of the motor (more the exhaust valves side).