Notices

'91 CRX Interfender

Old 04-11-2006, 08:04 AM
docmccoy1
Reinhart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 CRX Interfender

The last owner of this car, put coilovers in the car and not the whole kit. What happen after that? well, the shock tower kept blasting it's way through the interfender and now it's busted. So the left side of my car sits 3 inches lower then the right side. I'm afraid if it goes through all the way, my car will flip over due to the other wheels spinning. I was wondering if anyone has the one piece of the interfender from a CRX to spare? or if I have to use sheet metal? My brother told me it would cost 700 and I think it will cost 3 to 400. Is anyone in Seattle that can do welding work on the frame for a student that doesn't want to die on the freeway?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:32 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Scrap it!!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
docmccoy1
Reinhart

It's not that bad, because I've put new suspension on, but it needs to get fixed soon considering these potholes here.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You mean the suspension is jamming though the body mount point and into the engine bay? That car is scrap metal.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:08 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by Kai
You mean the suspension is jamming though the body mount point and into the engine bay? That car is scrap metal.
Don't you think he might be able to get away with cutting out that section from another car and getting it welded in?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:26 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

He could, but it will not be cheap or easy, plus it may alter the structural integrity of the chassis. The process is often used to repair totalled cars, however CRX's are not valuable enough of a car to fix unless you have hardcore sentimental attachments to it.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by docmccoy1
The last owner of this car, put coilovers in the car and not the whole kit. What happen after that? well, the shock tower kept blasting it's way through the interfender and now it's busted. So the left side of my car sits 3 inches lower then the right side. I'm afraid if it goes through all the way, my car will flip over due to the other wheels spinning. I was wondering if anyone has the one piece of the interfender from a CRX to spare? or if I have to use sheet metal? My brother told me it would cost 700 and I think it will cost 3 to 400. Is anyone in Seattle that can do welding work on the frame for a student that doesn't want to die on the freeway?
Can you put a pic of this up? I'd like to see exactly what it looks like. My suspension is slightly lowered, and when I hit deep potholes and really bad spots in the road at high speeds it feels like the suspension is getting hit by a huge sledgehammer.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:22 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

That sounds pretty dam nserious, I have never heard of that happening. Post some pics.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
docmccoy1
Reinhart

Default yea...

Well, you guys kinda hit me a little late on the pics because I'm getting it fixed and it should be ready on Thursday. My brother knows the owner of this body shop and the guy hooked me up for 400 to get it fixed. Believe it or not, I didn't even need the new one piece interfender. The car is saved!
Old 04-14-2006, 12:58 PM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Umm fixed.. I would not drive or ride in it.
i still say scrap it.