Notices

Tranny seal and axel problem

Old 04-08-2006, 05:28 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny seal and axel problem

WEll, I was replacing my clutch in my car today, and I noiced I had a torn CV boot. I called up the auto parts store and the guy said it would be better to replace the axel, because dirt n stuff prolly already got up in there. So what axel do i need to get for my car, Ibeleive it is the 90-91 Integra ABS axel, not sure tho.I have a 91 CRX with B16a1 Swap. Also, I need to replace the 2 seals on the tranny that seal when you put the axels and/or intermediate shaft in. What would I tell honda to order for those. I ahve a S1 tranny by the way. Is there anything else i should repalce before i put the tranny back up in there?
Old 04-08-2006, 05:54 PM
ED9man
driver

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/item135648.ctlg

It wouldn't be a bad idea to pick of a pair of these, especially since you are pushing more power.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:22 AM
sick79

The axels you need to get depend on what axels are currently in your car.

And everytime I go to the stealership to buy those seals, I just call it an axle oil seal and they know what im talking about. goodluck.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:44 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Could I get those seals at the autoparts store?
Old 04-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
Could I get those seals at the autoparts store?
I doubt it.

I believe that all the tranny seals for the B-series trannies are the same thing, so it wouldn't matter what car it is for.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:13 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
I doubt it.

I believe that all the tranny seals for the B-series trannies are the same thing, so it wouldn't matter what car it is for.

So I can just order a imput shaft seal for a 2000 Civic Si? And it will fit?

Also I am ordering a CV boot for my Pass Side Axel, I am ordering it for a 91 Integra, those are the axels I have in my car, But I don't think that the axels matter that much, it is just a boot.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

SO, I called up Honda and ordered the one for a 2000 Civic Si. Hopefully it will fit. I am pretty sure that the seals are the same on all B series tranny casuse they are all the same size. Now I just need 2 Axel Boots. But I can get those at the Advance Auto Parts.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

SOmehow I mixed up axel oil seal and imput shaft seal somehow. So now I have to go get the 2 new axel oil seals tommorrow from honda. I figure y not change em both while I am at it. Just need to get the CV axel boots now.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:41 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

UPDATE: SO I got the 2 seals for the tranny, they fit perfectly. I just ordered them for a 2000 Civic Si, so I guess all B-Series trannies are the same. But now I need new balljoints on my car, cause my old ones are pretty F*#ked up. I get a horrible vibration whenI am on the highway and I hit the brakes. SO now I gott achange my balljoints on the car and get it aligned. IS there any end in sight?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 PM
sick79

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
UPDATE: SO I got the 2 seals for the tranny, they fit perfectly. I just ordered them for a 2000 Civic Si, so I guess all B-Series trannies are the same. But now I need new balljoints on my car, cause my old ones are pretty F*#ked up. I get a horrible vibration whenI am on the highway and I hit the brakes. SO now I gott achange my balljoints on the car and get it aligned. IS there any end in sight?
Are you sure its your balljoints that are causing the vibration? Warped rotors can cause vibration too.