Notices

if i swap my crx si engine for a b18a could i use the parts of the old integra?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:05 PM
bballin24rican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i swap my crx si engine for a b18a could i use the parts of the old integra?

i was going to swap my high mileage crx si engine for my bros rs engine which is a b18a .could i use his axles, motor mounts, shift linkage and also the ecu that it had ...on my crx since hes getting all that new from a integra he bought for parts?? or should i buy it new?? info please thanxs..
Old 04-05-2006, 11:10 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Do a search for B-series swaps into an EF chassis. There is so much info on this you'll find plenty to learn.

Off the bat, you can't use the motor mounts and shift linkage. You have to get a kit for it all to fit properly. So to start it will cost some money for those. If you were hoping to do a swap without spending $$$...too bad

Happy hunting
Old 05-17-2007, 07:05 PM
tonecrxb18

Default well!!!

Originally Posted by bballin24rican
i was going to swap my high mileage crx si engine for my bros rs engine which is a b18a .could i use his axles, motor mounts, shift linkage and also the ecu that it had ...on my crx since hes getting all that new from a integra he bought for parts?? or should i buy it new?? info please thanxs..

i put a b18a1 in my honda crx 1991 si i orderd a new custom shiftlinkage cause the one off the crx wont work the one off the acura could work if u cut and weld in the rite spot and the axles work off the acura u need a motor mount kit for a b series in a crx an the the alternator is going to rube on da fame so u need to bash that in a lil

Last edited by tonecrxb18; 05-17-2007 at 07:08 PM.