Notices

I need your help

Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 PM
jdm-style

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help

I have a 90 dx crx..Last night i went to take the car for a ride cause i didnt start it for a very long time.....THen once i pulled in to my driveway the car just died out..BUt the lights were still on and the radio was still on..BUt the car would not start at all. Its not the fuel pump cause i check.Its not the coil or the rotor or the battery..I still have Gas...But when i try to start it, it wont start at all..It cranks over but its making a noise, It making a popping noise.I change the sparks pulgs,wire.......
Need your help peeps..
Thanks for the time and GOD BLESS

I check the fuel pump it still works...But the popping noise comes from the intake manifold.My friend said my timeing is backward.
TOday i tryed starting it agian it wont start at all..Where is all the main relay in a crx?

THanks guys for all your help......
Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
ari_one

I'm not sure if you still have the problem or not, but you may have broken your timing belt. Not that familiar with how Honda's act when it happens but I had an old Pontiac do it to me, it just shut down as it was driven into the garage and refused to start back up.

Perhaps others who have experienced a timing belt breaking could give a little input.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Sounds like the timing belt... But check the obvious first (sounds like u have already tho) spark, fuel, ect... If everything else checks out check the timing belt... U can take off the upper cover easy enough and peek inside...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
waaBAAH

i agree........sounds like timing belt....i did once have an old prelude that had a wobbly cam gear....the bolt holding down the cam gear was loosening up. it also threw a code and then started backfiring from the intake manifold. basically what i am saying...is that it sounds like timing is goofed...whether it be timing belt...tensioner.....belt jumped....cam gears loose....dizzy lossened....or spark plug wire order not correct.