Notices

Problem after installing header

Old 03-31-2006, 09:15 AM
91CivicRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem after installing header

okay, i just installed a new header and cold air intake a few days ago. after that the check engine light has been coming on. im thinking it might be the co2(oxygen) censor but im not sure. will it hurt the car if i drive with the light on? it only comes on when i drive across town like 15 miles or so and idles rough wen driving occasionally? any help would be great
Old 03-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Pull the code, find out what it is, and go from there... Your probably right, it could be the O2 sensor...

To pull the code, lift the pass side carpet, and turn the key on (not all the way to start the car), and look at the ECU theres a small hole there with a blinking LED, count the number of blinks...
Old 03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

It could be coincidental that your O2 sensor is going bad, and unrelated to your header and CAI installment. Get it checked out. The CEL will get annoying and you'll be getting poor gas mileage.

It might not be just the O2 sensor, but a combination of things that are hard to pinpoint without checking the codes.

Old 03-31-2006, 12:37 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'd think it would be the o2 sensor just b/c of the header switch and the little time before the problem came about...check your exhaust pipe to see if it's overly black and sooty from running very rich