Notices

Average crx engine life question.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average crx engine life question.

I bought my 91 crx si with a just replaced, used from japan, i'm sure, sohc zc motor at 105k miles. I just thought about it, and that's low mileage to replace a motor. I did'nt ask the guy i bought it from, why he just changed the motor. I'm guessing, the original owner must have raped it(ragged it out). Edit: Just thought about it. He may have let the timing belt break. Weird, how you can answer your own questions after you post.

Last edited by Tankard; 03-25-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:15 PM
ED9man
driver

It should've lasted longer than that, even being beat on. They don't all last that long though, it could have been very poorly maintained, or had the belt snapped, or just be one of those really rare ones that's crappy to begin with. Either way it's just a D, they are a dime a dozen and you get more power with the SOHC ZC anyways.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by ED9man
It should've lasted longer than that, even being beat on. They don't all last that long though, it could have been very poorly maintained, or had the belt snapped, or just be one of those really rare ones that's crappy to begin with. Either way it's just a D, they are a dime a dozen and you get more power with the SOHC ZC anyways.
Alright. The reason i did'nt get that tranny from you, is because i rebuilt my own, with the help of jlicrx.