Notices

My car mods

Old 09-19-2002, 12:06 AM
88Cardrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car mods

I got a couple emails about what I've done to my car as of now so I figured I'd just post it.

Exterior:

Invader Front Bumper, no idea wtf kinda sideskirts they are, and a mugen rear. Molded all of it in and fixed several gigantic rust spots at the same time.

Clear Corners and Carbon Fiber Altezza Gen 2 taillights

ADR 16" Rims wrapped in Toyo Proxes (put em on today!)

Performance:
Custom Cold Air Intake
Custom Front Strut Bar
Custom Rear Strut Bar
Autozone clamp on 4 dollar muffler!

ICE:
Infinniti Kappa 605cs components in the doors
Sony 700CX Head Unit or something like that
some kinda Sony Amp/Equalizer feedin 200 watts to a single 12" sub
Relocated Heater/AC controls to a makeshift armrest

No Suspension mods as of yet,

you'll have to bear with me, I'm paying my way through college and only so much of my money can go towards my rex. As for future mods I'm in the process of putting in my Targa top right now. After that I'm gonna paint it House of Kolors or PPG Candy Apple red. I'm really at a loss as to what I want to do with my Engine, I'm playing with the idea of messin with the D16, it runs great but has 217k on it. Or doin a ZC Swap, But I don't really have the funds to do any of that. I want to get some Tokico blues or illuminas and an Eibach Prokit real soon, or I've been lookin into Air Ride, but I'm bettin that's gonna be way too outta my league. I'm also lookin into a Thermal R&D Exhaust but I don't think I'm gonna have the fundage for that for a while. Oh oh, dc header too. Along the way I'm sure I'll get bored after this and maybe I'll fabricate a turbo for it.

Really and truly once I have it painted I will be very content, the 40 miles per gallon is really really really beneficial to me as of right now and I don't have time to get on the racing scene around here anyway.

One thing I've learned so far is it's much much cheaper to do things yourself than pay someone way too much to do it for you, not to mention the satisfaction you get out of it is supreme to all.

Anyways, gotta hit the sack, I'll try and post some pics within the week.

Ben Russell
88 CRX
Xenoben187@cs.com