Notices

Replacing rear trailing arm bushings

Old 04-11-2006, 09:55 AM
m735is

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to jump into this thread, but where do you find the part numbers for the OEM style RTA's? I couldn't get a listing for my 92 4dr.

I currently have the ES ones installed (probably 80,000 miles or so) and they work fine and have held up fine, but I tried towing a trailer and the ass end was fish tailing at any speed over 15 MPH- I'm thinking the ES ones are sliding around and this thread is the first place I've seen OEM ones available seperately.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:40 PM
xpman

If you want OEM, try one of these sites:
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

I don't think your trailing arm bushings are to blame for your fishtailing though. How much weight is your car supposed to be able to tow, if at all? Usually if your trailer fishtails it means that there's not enough weight on the tongue.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:53 AM
m735is

Good answer-appearently that's my problem since three people have said the same thing. The trailer was empty, I was just getting it back from someone who "borrowed" it.

I would like to get back to stock bushings though, these poly ones are doing their job, but I drive this car all day on crappy roads and would like to improve the ride.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

Originally Posted by PacificDude
You mean these...

Energy Suspension

Prothane

You can get'em in red or black

Mine probably need replacing, too. Has anyone replaced theirs with either of these and are happy with them? Which one would be better than the other? Or are OEM bushings superior to these?
energy suspension is great! I have there shift kit and there sway bar bushing kits! theyre awesome!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
KathyB18C

My Husband just ordered the bushing tool. If you live anywhere near Flint, Michigan, let us know and you can borrow it...no charge.