Notices

90 CRX Rare motor????

Old 03-21-2006, 11:05 AM
HCRXC5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 CRX Rare motor????

I have a D15B1 with a 16V head on it. The man i bought it from said that he bought it from the fac. this way and he is the first and last owner of the car before me? I thoght the B1 were 8v?? Is this motor good? er junk? I dont know to much about the D series hondas.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:54 PM
deVic

d series suck the fat one, you cant get much $ for it and its not rare lol. I got it in my crx right now . Soon ill have an LS-vtec setup
Old 03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Musicman

If it runs and get's you where you need to be then it's a good motor, if you don't like it you can always swap it out. D series get great gas mileage, at 2.40/gal that doesn't sound like it sucks to bad!
Old 03-22-2006, 04:38 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by deVic
Soon ill have an LS-vtec setup

You get a cookie
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 AM
deVic

Originally Posted by mistacee
You get a cookie
i kno, i hate lsvtec, but what rules is i got a complete LS swap for 50 bucks!!! This kid sold sold my friend and I his car for 100 bucks cuz it has a blown motor. Im gettin gsr internals for cheap from another friend, and soon to buy a b16 head. I couldnt go wrong here
Old 03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
mr.crx

d series sucks huh, well we will see how bad it sucks when i post my first time slip after i am done with mods. bet it post a lot better then that ls/vtec of yours.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:48 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

i kno, i hate lsvtec, but what rules is i got a complete LS swap for 50 bucks!!! This kid sold sold my friend and I his car for 100 bucks cuz it has a blown motor. Im gettin gsr internals for cheap from another friend, and soon to buy a b16 head. I couldnt go wrong here
Again another cookie.

A Ls/Vtec is only as good & reliable as the build.
If it is not built right,as most are not, they tend to suck the ballz!

D series are reliable engines and can be made fast. You may have to spend money but they are not a lost cause and most certainly do not suck.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Originally Posted by HCRXC5
I have a D15B1 with a 16V head on it. The man i bought it from said that he bought it from the fac. this way and he is the first and last owner of the car before me? I thoght the B1 were 8v?? Is this motor good? er junk? I dont know to much about the D series hondas.

I run a site with 4th gen specs on it, and have the B1 listed as 8 valves cuz thats what I kept seeing, never saw a B1 that was 16 valves... But since I put it up there Ive had a few ppl contact me about that saying they had 16 valves, and have seen a few that are 16 valves... Honestly I have no clue as to why some are 8 valve and some are 16 valve... But they are out there... Ill have to revise my site one of these days... Maybe today... Hell Ill probably just do it now or ill forget...

d series suck the fat one, you cant get much $ for it and its not rare lol. I got it in my crx right now . Soon ill have an LS-vtec setup

And another D hater... Ive said it before Ill say it again, the good thing about Hondas is theres different setups, engines, styles, ect for different people, with different goals, and different budgets... A D series may not be the most powerful, but they are most certainly dont "suck a fat one"...

Last edited by Exempt; 03-22-2006 at 11:13 AM.