Notices

Just Did B16a Swap

Old 04-02-2006, 05:37 AM
jstkknt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
it has nothing to do with the bottom end...you would get valve float, and who the fuck cares if you can rev to 9k when you dont have the cams to make anymore power after 8k...a higher redline doesnt do shit if you dont have any power up there. There is more mis-informed nonsense bullshit in this thread than I have seen in a while. I wish I was the mod of this forum I would delete all the retarded posts so that the original poster could get an actual answer.
I would delete the threads but I like reading what everyone has to say. Every opinion counts somewhere.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by jstkknt
The shop where the motor was done has a guy that did the chipped ECU for me. It is now and it seems to help a bit. The only real problems that I am seeing now is that Vtec does not kick in now untill 5900 rpm. It will redline at 9000, but that does not really help me since the power band is between 7200-8300. I still don't have the light to light speed that I want, but I do have the mpg again and the car seems to handle better. Next to go into the car will be skunk2 throttle body, aem fuel rail and Skunk2 fuel regulator. Shop is saying this should give me an extra 20-30 hp. Anyone know id f this is right, or if the shop is just trying to stroke me for more money?
the shop is trying to stroke your cock for more money.....none of those things will give you any more power except maybe the TB and at most you are lookin at like 5hp...your car doesnt demand the air that would make such a TB useful.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
kartman2

Default why did you avoid the bottom end?

You should do a slight overbore and put in some type R pistons and rings.
With this set-up,you'll have a complete engine. As it is now,only half the
work is done. I'm surprised the shop you had the work done didn't realize
this. My son did the same thing, and his car is a rocket.