Notices

Code 8 Problem. HELP!

Old 03-16-2006, 09:44 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 8 Problem. HELP!

Well, I just finished installing the head back on my car. I had new guides put on, and valves lapped in and had the head resurfaced. I installed the whole valvetrain, and then installed the head and everything. I lined it all up for timeing and everything, tightened timing belt. I did it all. If there is something you think I am missing let me know. Anywayz, I went to finally start the car, after priming it, and I kept cranking it, and the a CEL kicked on. The CEL was a code 8, which is a TDC Code. What do I need to do to fix this code, so it will start, I already tried reseting the ECU and all of that. I have solved other problems in the past, but I just can't seem to figure this one out, in that, I didnt think B16a1's had a TDC/Crank Sensor. I know other people have ran into this problem out there, jsut let me know so I can finish my project. THANX
Old 03-17-2006, 04:51 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I really need to finish this up today, can anyone help me out?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:09 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

TDC Sensor is inside the Distributor...Either its burnt out or faulty...youll have to replace the Dizzy....Also you could be out of time as well...Since its a 91 check the Fuel System fuses and such...also check the injectors...I heard that if one or all of injectors are faulty you will throw the TDC/CHP CEL.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:26 AM
mr.crx

or its called top dead center meaning your timing is still of. is trying to start and just not, or just turns over with no attempt to start. get a timing light shine it down there and check your timing, if thats all good then it could be the sensor but i have a feeling its something like the timing being off.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:49 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Iam going to start testing somethings, I am 100 percent positive that I set the timing correctly. I set it to TDC and set the cam gears upwards and faced the marks toward each other. Anymore suggestions would be helpful. THANX
Old 03-17-2006, 08:53 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
Iam going to start testing somethings, I am 100 percent positive that I set the timing correctly. I set it to TDC and set the cam gears upwards and faced the marks toward each other. Anymore suggestions would be helpful. THANX
You gotta match the dizzy up too.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:34 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
TDC Sensor is inside the Distributor...Either its burnt out or faulty...youll have to replace the Dizzy....Also you could be out of time as well...Since its a 91 check the Fuel System fuses and such...also check the injectors...I heard that if one or all of injectors are faulty you will throw the TDC/CHP CEL.
Well, I sprayed starting fluid in the TB and it started right up, so I am gonna say it's a fuel problem, but once it started up, I got an oil leak outa the headgasket, so I jsut got everything off, and am now taking the ARP headstuds off and putting stock ones back in, I am going to clean everything see if the headgasket matches the one that came off first, put it back together and re torque.