Notices
View Poll Results: B series or D series engine, which is better?
B series
76.47%
D series
23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

B or D series engine

Old 03-08-2006, 03:42 AM
mikhsoj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

K-SERIES FOO!!! OMG its way better than the old outdated b/d series.

its all about the K-SERIES!

Last edited by Kai; 03-08-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by daveb91
MMMM ok
Well I was referring to the single cam, it is harder to tune because you have to adjust intake/exhaust timing together unlike seperatley on a DOHC motor.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by ED9man
Yeah, simpler and harder to tune. B series VTEC is the best engine if you can afford it period.

D series is the economy motor, the B series is the motor more geared towards racing and performance.
K-Series > *
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Originally Posted by ED9man
Well I was referring to the single cam, it is harder to tune because you have to adjust intake/exhaust timing together unlike seperatley on a DOHC motor.
You didnt get me wrong have you ever tuned a D series not hard at all even with the sohc.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:14 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Well, I would have to agree that the K series IS the new B series. When you can just swap a motor in a CRX with stock Sh*t and run 11's there is something to be said. The K Series is a motor that with 4 or 5 mods hangs with Evo's and WRX's and SRT-4's. My friend has a Acura RSX-S and he has Intake,Exhaust, and race header and that thing hauls ass. Also, K Pro for the K Series engine is like night and day. ON a K series engine (in a RSX-S) add i/e/rh/fly/kpro you can tear the shit outa other cars, you don't even need a flywheel, but just saying. I know how devoted people are to their B Series, as am I. But if someone offered you a trade to swap in a K series vs ur B series into ur CRX, there is no way u would pass it up.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
Well, I would have to agree that the K series IS the new B series. When you can just swap a motor in a CRX with stock Sh*t and run 11's there is something to be said. The K Series is a motor that with 4 or 5 mods hangs with Evo's and WRX's and SRT-4's. My friend has a Acura RSX-S and he has Intake,Exhaust, and race header and that thing hauls ass. Also, K Pro for the K Series engine is like night and day. ON a K series engine (in a RSX-S) add i/e/rh/fly/kpro you can tear the shit outa other cars, you don't even need a flywheel, but just saying. I know how devoted people are to their B Series, as am I. But if someone offered you a trade to swap in a K series vs ur B series into ur CRX, there is no way u would pass it up.
Did you ever get a chance to drive that Type S when it was stock. Im asking cause my wifes friend has one and her car to me is pretty slow. Its a 6 sp and I really got on it and everything. I dun know maybe she has a lemon or somthing. Through 4th-6th the power felt better. Before I drove one I would :bowdown: them and now I have different thoughts.

Last edited by Mynard; 03-09-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
mr.crx

ha. i am building a d series up right now. was going to go with a b series. but now i am building the internals to the d series and putting a vtec head on it. i intend on turboing it. the reason i chose this is just cause everyone just automatically jumps to a b series. the d series has potential.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I have drivin' a Stock Type S before. They are nice, but the thing that Honda did when building them, was building them for the aftermarket. They built them so that with minimal mods the car would peform a 100 percent better. With onyl an Intake you can hear and feel a difference. The biggest mod to an RSX type S is the K Pro, I have seen gains upwards of 30 HP, with the right mods attatched to it. Like I said you can spend 15,000 for an RSX type S and put on intake, exhaust, race header, and K Pro, Kpro being the best mod for it. All STOCK cars feel kind of sluggish, with the eception of the STI or EVO 8. But when they built the car they built it for the aftermarket. Not for the grandma down the street. Also when they tuned the ECU for the car they did not max it out, as they wanted good fuel economy too. So jsut a simple ECU Reflash will give nice gains that you can feel. I don't do reflash, If it was me it would be K Pro or bust. II would have to drive that car to see if it was a LEMON. But then agian it very well could be. I have seen to BONE STOCK RSX type S's run a 1/4 mile, the driver switch to each car so it was accurate and one rsx was faster than the other. I like to cal those cars ON CRACK, because there is no reason one car should perform better than the other, but they do and I have seen it.
Kinda of off topic here, but My friend had a 350Z with Intake and Apexi SAFC, and he ran a 13.0 1/4. His car was on crack. U get my drift tho.

Originally Posted by Mynard
Did you ever get a chance to drive that Type S when it was stock. Im asking cause my wifes friend has one and her car to me is pretty slow. Its a 6 sp and I really got on it and everything. I dun know maybe she has a lemon or somthing. Through 4th-6th the power felt better. Before I drove one I would :bowdown: them and now I have different thoughts.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

:werd: I feel ya man..that was my thoughts for real. I mean I drove a 04 RSX base model with a few bolt ons and I was impressed. Yeah a buddy of mine bought a stock 93 saturn SC2 it had the 1.9 dohc and man it would do some nasty burnouts. I mean it was a ugly car with alot of bite. He could smoke alot of cars you wouldnt think. That car ran off of crack for real. It was a freakin Saturn for gods sake and it smoked a 99 Integra LS. The dude he beat was like WTF is that.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:38 AM
whitecrx88

Originally Posted by Mynard
:werd: I feel ya man..that was my thoughts for real. I mean I drove a 04 RSX base model with a few bolt ons and I was impressed. Yeah a buddy of mine bought a stock 93 saturn SC2 it had the 1.9 dohc and man it would do some nasty burnouts. I mean it was a ugly car with alot of bite. He could smoke alot of cars you wouldnt think. That car ran off of crack for real. It was a freakin Saturn for gods sake and it smoked a 99 Integra LS. The dude he beat was like WTF is that.
that cool but a 99 LS integra is not that fast at all. i pull cars on integrs in my crx with a single cam with really small mods.