Notices

b20 or b16

Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RevengeCRX
What about all the extra oil that the vtec head requires? I'm curious to know how many ppl u have seen or heard that have done the swap, and how long has it last? I was interested in doing this a while back, but got discouraged when someone told be about there reliability. I would think to make an LSVTEC reliable, it would cost too much, especially since I don't know much on the internal engine.
you run that thru a hose, from a fed souce near the bottom of the block to the head...

without it vtec wont even engage...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about all the extra oil that the vtec head requires? I'm curious to know how many ppl u have seen or heard that have done the swap, and how long has it last? I was interested in doing this a while back, but got discouraged when someone told be about there reliability. I would think to make an LSVTEC reliable, it would cost too much, especially since I don't know much on the internal engine.
People just don't understand how to properly build the engines and tune it according to what you have done or don't have done to it. That's the bottom line.

Find someone who is familiar with Honda's. People who have built a Chevy 350 V8 and then blindly go into building an LSVTEC or CRVTEC is gonna blow it up.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:56 AM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use a vtec oil pump if you're scared.

Originally Posted by sherwood
you run that thru a hose, from a fed souce near the bottom of the block to the head...

without it vtec wont even engage...
Or do something easier, and get a golden eagle lsvtec conversion kit, with a sandwich plate that fits where the oil filter goes....the line hooks up to that..simple.