Notices

D16Z6 in a crx

Old 03-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Ju1c3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16Z6 in a crx

ok, i bought this car for 500 bucks with a full kit, rims, and a few other things. i have been looking around for the best bang for my buck with the D16Z6 that i have in there now. it has a CAI, exhaust, and vtec controler. its is a pretty quick car, but i of course want more. any help from you guys would be great, and i know someone is going to suggest boost, but i dont have that much cash on me right now. so any tips or hints would be nice because i dont know crx's worth crap because i am a prelude guy at heart. i just happened to wreck my lude and i got a great deal on this vtec crx. thanks again
Old 03-01-2006, 06:32 PM
maksym_3

well if your not goin turbo then headers,
the next thing after that is lightened components: lightened flywheal,pullies
some cams
port polish
valve fob
just search theres a shit load of forums on this subject
Old 03-03-2006, 02:32 AM
DR_crx

fuck d series, ive had too many d series cars they are piece of shit even the d16z6 vtec.. sure its fast.. but not that fast.. really...
do lsv or do a fully built b16 they both are quick...
or get a fully built ZC and sleeve it... up to you but i wouldnt fuck with d series shit anymore its getting old lol
only aiit thing about single cam is if you do a single cam turbo.. and do it right.. cuz they are fun.. but still.. fuck single cams...
Old 03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Originally Posted by DR_crx
fuck d series, ive had too many d series cars they are piece of shit even the d16z6 vtec.. sure its fast.. but not that fast.. really...
or get a fully built ZC and sleeve it... up to you but i wouldnt fuck with d series shit anymore its getting old lol
only aiit thing about single cam is if you do a single cam turbo.. and do it right.. cuz they are fun.. but still.. fuck single cams...

Wow... Shitting on the D series... :ghey:

The great thing about Hondas is, theres so many different setups for so many different ppl... People with different budgets, different goals, different styles... Dont shit on other ppls projects... The single cam VTECs may not be the most powerful of the VTECs, but they are far from "peices of shit", furthur more the DOHC ZC is still technically a D series aswell (and they came stamped as such in UK and Europe)... My point is, dont shit on other ppls projects... He may have a different goal than you have, a goal in which the D suits him fine...

That said, Id boost it... Thats honestly the best way to go on a D series... You said u dont have the cash but look at it this way, most bolt on mods wont be usable by a turbo, so buying anything else is counter productive if the final result is to buy a turbo... You could just save the $200 instead of buying a header, and just keep saving... Cuz trust me, it will be more worth it to save up for a turbo than to keep buying other stuff and keep putting it off...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:09 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

I love it when my POS single cammer smokes b series cars.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:18 AM
whitecrx88

my crx single cam will eat your car up any day fuck your b16
Old 03-10-2006, 08:02 AM
mr.crx

dude you talk to much. if someone wants to do a sohc cam let them. i am doing a sohc. and i bet i would smoke you. hahaha you just dont get it do you man

Last edited by mr.crx; 03-10-2006 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:15 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

The b16 is overrated, overhyped, and under torqued.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:21 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

go to turbod16.com and tell that D16's are P.O.S