Notices

just lost my lude

Old 02-25-2006, 03:00 AM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just lost my lude

i was working on a 1995 prelude se for the last five months,. and due to title problems wound up selling the car back to the people i bought it from, really pissed about it. i will get another lude, but in the mean time, i've been offered a crx, for a very low price. i don't know anything about the car yet, going to look at it today. the problem is, it has an automatic, how good are these trannys, or should i stay away from it? i thought if i got it, i might, swap an H22A into the hole, and switch it to five speed. i know the engine swap will work, but has anyone switched from auto, to manual, or is there a need to? thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:11 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

if your going to swap over to a 5spd later on just get a 5spd now, You will probally going to have a tough time find all the parts to swap over to 5spd
Old 02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

okay, it's a 1988, it's pretty clean, white with blue interior, the bottom of the car is a charcoal color with a red moulding. the drivers fender is missing a peice, and the pass. fender is cracked, as is the header panel, i did not know these cars had plastic fenders. it is an automatic, and the guy says that it shifts out nice. he said the engine would get hot if driven over 20 miles, he seems to think it's the head, any guesses out there? i just looked on ebay and engines are going for 500.00 up. what would you guys do, redo the head and hope thats it, or put an engine in it? what engine do you guys suggest, one that will bolt up to the tranny. if i do buy this car, i am probably going to fix it and sell it, so i can get another prelude. or i may keep it for my daughter, besides the fenders needing attention the car is in very good shape for a 1988, the paint shines, and does not appear to have ever been worked on. the price is definnately right, and has a clear title.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:27 PM
jlicrx

from description it sounds like this is not 88 but is 1st gen maybe 87 - 88-91 do not have plastic fenders or header panel and the paint scheme sounds like 1st gen DX or HF
Old 02-25-2006, 02:44 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by jlicrx
from description it sounds like this is not 88 but is 1st gen maybe 87 - 88-91 do not have plastic fenders or header panel and the paint scheme sounds like 1st gen DX or HF
i guess it could be a late 87, he told me it was an 88, but it does not have the glass in the rear hatch area, like allot of the crxs i see. is this car worth having? would the front end off a 88 up work in its place? i mean i can fix the one fender, and the header panel, but finding a nearly twenty year old plastic fender in good shape may be hard.

Last edited by mybluelude; 02-25-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:07 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

87s are super light crxs. I personally prefer crxs made from 88-91, because of the body style. However, I believe I read on here somewhere that it is possible to swap a b-series into the 1st gen rex. If that's true, then you'll have one fast damn car!
As far as the fender goes... I have seen 1st gen crxs in part yards with body's in decent shape, including the fenders. If u absolutely can't find one anywhere(even ebay), u can go to www.hondapartsdeals.com and check out the price of the fenders. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:53 PM
ED9man
driver

Dude, you're a retard.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:20 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by ED9man
Dude, you're a retard.
dude, what's your problem? i don't know what i have ever done to you, but you are really getting on my nerves, have you nothing better to do, than follow me around this site and make rude comments? GET A FREAKIN LIFE, YOU LITTLE 17 YEAR OLD PUNK!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:24 PM
mybluelude
WILD BILL

Originally Posted by RevengeCRX
87s are super light crxs. I personally prefer crxs made from 88-91, because of the body style. However, I believe I read on here somewhere that it is possible to swap a b-series into the 1st gen rex. If that's true, then you'll have one fast damn car!
As far as the fender goes... I have seen 1st gen crxs in part yards with body's in decent shape, including the fenders. If u absolutely can't find one anywhere(even ebay), u can go to www.hondapartsdeals.com and check out the price of the fenders. Good luck!
thanks for the info, can you use the trans that is in the car with, a b-series engine. which b-series does anyone suggest?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:17 PM
ED9man
driver

Put this in your sig too homo

and learn how to use quote function