Notices

GSR head on an LS Block

Old 02-19-2006, 10:03 PM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 90CvcDX
Ok, so what would an ls/gsr/b16 motor hybrid be like then h: cuz that's pretty much what i'll be running if i do the gsr head swap. I'll probably get the head redone, change the internals of the block, and beef up the tranny a little, i want at least 250hp with FI. A good way to blow my taxes IMO
I'd recommend porting the exhaust valves a bit if you're running boost. What turbo kit are you looking at?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

I'm just kinda browsing around, looking at all the major companies, which would be a good mild setup to start off with? i dont want high boost as of yet, thinking about 10-12 psi, a built motor should handle that just fine correct?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
AcuraFanatic

10-12psi on a TD-05 turbo is different than 10-12psi on a T-67 turbo. If you want mild boost with a fairly idiot proof setup and remain CARB legal (if that's a concern), Greddy makes the kit for you.

Beyond the Greddy kit I'd recommend doing a real management system like Crome or Hondata over Greddy's garbage e-manage. An intercooler is a good idea as well to take the heat stress off the thrust bearings of the turbine and to squeak out a few more ponies.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a built motor will handle all of that and more... but if you are looking at a complete rebuild i'd find a complete gsr swap and work on it it just makes more sense than goign to the trouble of dealing with the lsvtec setup as well as build up. i mean one less thing to worry about.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by sherwood
a built motor will handle all of that and more... but if you are looking at a complete rebuild i'd find a complete gsr swap and work on it it just makes more sense than goign to the trouble of dealing with the lsvtec setup as well as build up. i mean one less thing to worry about.
LS/VTEC has more HP potential than a GS-R engine
Old 02-19-2006, 10:23 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

That's true, but i don't have a budget high enough to afford a gsr motor and prep it for forced induction, plus i like my current motor h: and it was a bitch to get in and working properly
Old 02-19-2006, 10:24 PM
AcuraFanatic

I mean, depending on your horsepower goals, a Greddy turbokit on a stock LS block will probably be more than enough.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90CvcDX
That's true, but i don't have a budget high enough to afford a gsr motor and prep it for forced induction, plus i like my current motor h: and it was a bitch to get in and working properly
the gsr would just slide in there... tho it would be some extra wiring...

as for it having higher potential i know, but i'd rather have the addition of oil squirters and other goodies (remind me, doesnt the gsr come stock with a block guard?)