Notices

CRX Motor Mount Question

Old 02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX Motor Mount Question

Well, since I have been doing my project and my head is off, I was wiring up new wires in my car from a harness I got from Rywire. Anywayz there is like a single motor mount in the back I took it off, cause I dont use it at all, I have a B16a Swap. Was it from the original motor? I would figure that it is. It is tho right? Or was it suppsoed to go to something on the B Series Swap?
Old 02-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Yes your B series should have a mount on the rear side of the engine (technically its not called the rear of the engine, but by the firewall on the rear cross member)... The only mount that isnt used I beleive is the one closest the radiator, all other 3 are used... So if you dont have one in the rear, your probably only using the pass side on the tranny, and the drivers side... Id get one for the rear ASAP as those are pretty important so I hear...
Old 02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
VPUPPY

Werd. That mount is important...your engine must be moving tons under load which = lost power.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

UMMMM ..............Well, I have the mount that connects to my tranny (the one that is closest to the radiator) that one is connected, the one at the right is connected, and the one that connects to the tranny is connected. I See the mount BEHIND the engine, it is close to the firewall. But there is nothing to conenct it to. What is supposed to be there? Anybody got a pic.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:55 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by Exempt
Yes your B series should have a mount on the rear side of the engine (technically its not called the rear of the engine, but by the firewall on the rear cross member)... The only mount that isnt used I beleive is the one closest the radiator, all other 3 are used... So if you dont have one in the rear, your probably only using the pass side on the tranny, and the drivers side... Id get one for the rear ASAP as those are pretty important so I hear...
I also have the mount that is close to the radiator, that conencts to the tranny.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:30 PM
ChrisS

The empty mount location on the back of engine is for a half shaft which makes both the driver's side and passenger's side drive shafts the same length. (look at a DOHC ZC or SiR; both have the half shaft and equal length drive shafts)
Old 02-14-2006, 06:35 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by ChrisS
The empty mount location on the back of engine is for a half shaft which makes both the driver's side and passenger's side drive shafts the same length. (look at a DOHC ZC or SiR; both have the half shaft and equal length drive shafts)

I was told that I shouldn't have used the one in the front of the car, well I didnt use it the person who had the car before me did. People said that the MOtor MOunt taht goes on the crossmember is supposed to attatch to the block. I don't have anything on the block to attach it to.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
ChrisS

There are three mounts attached to the transmission:
-the small front mount (attaches to front frame cross member; helps to control where the engine torque goes)
-a big one on the right (attaches to right side frame; main support for right side of engine/transmission)
-a big one on the rear (attaches to firewall cross member; main support for back of engine/transmission)

and one mount on the engine:
-a big one on the left (attaches to left side frame; main support for leftside of engine/transmission)

Who told you not to use the front mount for the transmission?
(the Honda engineers put it there for a good reason)

The empty mount on the back of the block is for a half shaft that you don't have. (see attached file; its a view of the back of the engine looking toward the oil filter)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
halfShaft.jpg (13.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-15-2006, 04:13 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Well, I Have the one that connects the the front crossmember, at the front of the engine. I was told I should not use this one, and use the one at the rear of the engine. The only thing is, I ahve nothing for the rear mount to go onto. Is something supposed to go on the block for it?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Originally Posted by ChrisS
Who told you not to use the front mount for the transmission?
(the Honda engineers put it there for a good reason)

The empty mount on the back of the block is for a half shaft that you don't have. (see attached file; its a view of the back of the engine looking toward the oil filter)

I was just told that I was supposed to use the rear engine mount on the crossmember, and not the one in the front. And why do you say I don't have a Half shaft, I thoguht B16a in CRX's DID have a half shaft.

Last edited by RedlineBoyzCRX; 02-15-2006 at 04:19 AM.