Notices

CRX Motor Mount Question

Old 02-15-2006, 07:00 AM
VPUPPY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoever is telling you this stuff is completely contradicting what we are saying. You need the mounts that ChrisS outlined.

Originally Posted by ChrisS
There are three mounts attached to the transmission:
-the small front mount (attaches to front frame cross member; helps to control where the engine torque goes)
-a big one on the right (attaches to right side frame; main support for right side of engine/transmission)
-a big one on the rear (attaches to firewall cross member; main support for back of engine/transmission)

and one mount on the engine:
-a big one on the left (attaches to left side frame; main support for leftside of engine/transmission)

Who told you not to use the front mount for the transmission?
(the Honda engineers put it there for a good reason)

The empty mount on the back of the block is for a half shaft that you don't have. (see attached file; its a view of the back of the engine looking toward the oil filter)
Old 02-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
Well, I Have the one that connects the the front crossmember, at the front of the engine. I was told I should not use this one, and use the one at the rear of the engine. The only thing is, I ahve nothing for the rear mount to go onto. Is something supposed to go on the block for it?

Since its there leave it there... The reason I said I thought that was the only mount that wasnt used in the swap is because when u buy a set of HASport mounts you only get 3 not including the front mount, and I dont recall reading anything about it in any of the books or how-tos Ive read on the B series into the EF, so I assumed it wouldnt even bolt onto the B series tranny... But which ever mount kit that is (HASport, Place Racing, ect) it should have came with that rear mount, the lip on the cross member would have to be beat down to make it fit, but it should have came with the mount kit... If you dont have one in the rear, thats the one Id worry about...