Notices

4 speed manual spindle question?

Old 02-11-2006, 08:30 PM
EQMD EF8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's a 94 CX, haha.
The DA Knuckles will fit and are the same size as the EX sedans, but what do you guys think about upgrading master cylinder to the 15/16 job off a DA when you go bigger in the front?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:12 PM
90CvcDX
kekeke

Originally Posted by jlicrx
not quite sure what you are saying you want to do - if you want to swap out your STD knuckles/hubs for the Si ones and keep your 4 speed, you wil need DX/Si axles - all of the knuckles themselves, except for the EX, are the same - what is different is the hub portion that has the splines for the axles - all of the bearings are the same, even EX - the reason every one swaps the knuckles and hubs together is that is just easier to swap the whole thing instead of disassembling it to swap hubs - if you want the Si brakes, they just bolt on to your STD knuckles - you will need to use the STD brake hoses, because the little brackets on the hoses are different, where they bolt to the strut, from the DX/Si
what i was getting at was that yes i wanna keep my STD tranny and swap my Si knuckle assemblies on, but i wasnt sure if the splines would match up the same in the 4spd tranny with dx/si axles as they would in the 5spd trannies. i'm just curious because when i bought the car the previous owner told me he tried to put on dx axles and the spline count was more on the axles than it was on the STD pieces (tranny or hubs) it's not all that important to me anymore since i'm getting a new hatch with a ls/b16 swap but i just dont want to leave this car with the new owners and have fucked up axles that sound like shyt, which is the whole reason why i want to do this swap, also so i can clean out my basement h:
Old 02-13-2006, 06:38 AM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by 90CvcDX
what i was getting at was that yes i wanna keep my STD tranny and swap my Si knuckle assemblies on, but i wasnt sure if the splines would match up the same in the 4spd tranny with dx/si axles as they would in the 5spd trannies. i'm just curious because when i bought the car the previous owner told me he tried to put on dx axles and the spline count was more on the axles than it was on the STD pieces (tranny or hubs) it's not all that important to me anymore since i'm getting a new hatch with a ls/b16 swap but i just dont want to leave this car with the new owners and have fucked up axles that sound like shyt, which is the whole reason why i want to do this swap, also so i can clean out my basement h:
the transmission end of the axles are all the same 4 speed or 5 speed - the hub end is all that is different - yes, you can use DX/Si hubs, DX/Si axles and 4 speed transmission