Notices

How hard?

Old 09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard?

This may seem like a stupid question, and I hope that it isn't...but how hard is it to change the [B]Main Relay[B]???

Anyone?

Stop Laughing....

Anyone?

M.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:13 PM
excitid

its easy just go here for instructions cause I'm too lazy to type it now. Plus they have pics
http://www.crxsi.com/resources/repai...ng_main_relay/
Old 09-16-2002, 12:13 PM
jc836

Laughing-No I won't. Get out your 10 mm socket and combination wrench. Also a philips screwdriver. Prepare to swear in 2 languages that you are doing this yourself.
The relay is not hard to change once the coin box is out and you take off the lower dash retaining bolt and pry the dash away from the side a little-getting the relay retaining bolt out and back in is an adventure. Once the relay is free of the side panel you need to get t\into the space whee the coin box is and you can disconnect the cable and put te new one in. Reverse everything and all should be fine.
The alternate that we used (car is gutted for ITA racing) was to cut away a piece of the dash just below the relay-made getting a wrench in so simple-but you still have the disconnect/reconnect part to do.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:01 PM
Magik

Thanx guys!
Old 09-16-2002, 02:01 PM

hey magik, was that what was wrong with ur car?
Old 09-16-2002, 05:10 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I did it, it's a lot easier to do if you take off the hood release latch.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:26 PM
Magik

Originally posted by noVTEC
hey magik, was that what was wrong with ur car?
If your talking about in regards to it not starting?...I'm still not sure...but it's getting annoying...it did it twice to me today and I was in a big hurry...both times. So I'm taking the cheapest piece first and replacing it...can't hurt right? The next one after that is the fuel pump...which I really don't want to do...but even the guy at the dealership said he's never heard of, and it (fuel pump) shouldn't die for as long as I have that car.

m
Old 09-16-2002, 06:24 PM
WhiteRice

Originally posted by Magik

If your talking about in regards to it not starting?...I'm still not sure...but it's getting annoying...it did it twice to me today and I was in a big hurry...both times. So I'm taking the cheapest piece first and replacing it...can't hurt right? The next one after that is the fuel pump...which I really don't want to do...but even the guy at the dealership said he's never heard of, and it (fuel pump) shouldn't die for as long as I have that car.

m
Have you checked anything on your distributor?? More specifically your ignitor?? Something to think about.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:01 AM
Magik

No...'White' I haven't and I am new at the DIY game so if I was to check my ignitor...where and what am I to look for...could you give me an explanation or a link to an explanation?

m
Old 09-17-2002, 05:10 AM
WhiteRice

I couldn't access the page, not sure if it's my work internet or the page. But go to www.quickhonda.net There will be a list of links on the left. GO into....Garage I think...basically somewhere on his site, he's got a CRX service manual. It'll show you exactly what the ignitor (ignition coil) is and how to change it. It's about 80 at Autozone. I'm sure you can find one cheaper at a junkyard. But if it doesn't work, just take it back. It won't get dirty or anything. I'll check a little later to see if I can access the page.