Notices

Civic vs. Backhoe...Winner...Bakhoe!

Old 09-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic vs. Backhoe...Winner...Bakhoe!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

So I'm driving in this little town and I come up behind a half ton truck with a backhoe in front of it...we start going up a hill...we are going so slow that in second gear I am almost stalling...we go over the hill and there is nothing coming the other way, no lines on the road...so I pull out to go around...I'm almost by and the idiot driving the backhoe turns left...Wham! The side of the bucket on the tractor/backhoe slams into my right rear quarter panel and part of my door....:wtc: :crying:
What a mess

I'm so depressed right now...I can't even type...sigh

Magik

Anyone know where I can get cheap body parts in Canada or to Canada for a 1990 Civic HB...sniff...
Old 09-14-2002, 01:45 PM
WhiteRice

Not a good day for anyone. Sorry to hear that......did he have a turn signal on!?
Old 09-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Magik

Nope...not that I saw...but I was almost by him when he hit me so he could have put it on at the last second and I never would have saw it. If I had pulled out 2 seconds earlier he never would have hit me...still don't know really who was in the wrong...problem was he had two co-workers in the truck behind him that would have sworn that it was me...why you ask...because they all work for the same landscaping company and the guy driving the backhoe was the owners son...so they (the guys in the truck) would say anything for the driver of the backhoe to keep their jobs...sigh.
My car still drives but what a nasty mess to the side of it...don't know yet if I'm going to have to replace the door...

(if I can I'll post some pics tomorrow...)
Old 09-15-2002, 05:48 AM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

that sux man sorry for the loss

and like white rice said it isnt a good day for anyone, just check my post *sigh*
Old 09-15-2002, 07:03 AM
Magik

Default Whoa...

Wow...I thought Friday the 13th ended at midnight on Friday...not extend into the weekend to screw us...sorry to hear that "88" man... :wtc:

Magik
Old 09-15-2002, 10:01 AM
b00gers

sorry man...that really sucks.

how are you handling it with insurance? no claim im guessing.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Magik

Default Nope

No...no claim...cause...no really knows who's at fault...besides, if it turns out that I'm at fault (which I don't think I am) then...
Plus, the minute you involve the 'gougers' (insurance) even to fight something for you...up go your premiums...thus in the long run it ends up costing you more than to get it fixed.

Anyone know where to get cheap body panels???

Magik
Old 09-15-2002, 03:58 PM
WhiteRice

Default Re: Nope

Originally posted by Magik

Anyone know where to get cheap body panels???

Magik
Junkyards?!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You want the entire right rear quaterpanel peice? Your best bet would be going to a junkyard with a cutting torch or something, because those panels are massive with a price to match. No matter how you go about it, it is going to be very expensive and time consuming to fix. You probably should have reported it to insurance and let them worry about it... it is what you pay them for. Sorry about the mess your in, though. Is it still drivable?
Old 09-15-2002, 06:59 PM
Magik

The only problem with junkyards is...there are few in my area...the ones that are here...you call and ask if they have a part...and they tell you...you pay and walk away...you can't walk through the cars and pick and choose what you want and pay on your way out...
I don't want to involve insurance because my premiums will go nuts...if you even call and tell your insurance agent now that you've had an accident...NOT...put in a claim...just tell them, they have to put it in your file and when it's time to renew...BAM up go your rates.
Yes, the car is still drivable...but it has a nasty gash/hole in the rear right QP and the door is messed up a bit...sigh

I'm looking around for a spare car, ie. one for parts...then I have my own junkyard and don't have to pay anyone for it...

m