Notices

best motor for a 90 crx

Old 02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dubcac
Speaking of misconceptions, there's another one.

1. Stock b20 cylinder walls are just fine. A "few" people ended up with cracked sleeves running super high compression, but my guess is faulty tuning resulted in excess heat and stress.

2. As far as I know, the H22 is about 50lbs more than a Bseries. You can have a perfectly fine handling hatch/coupe with an H22...I know plenty of people that autocross them.

3. The ZC is a garbage motor....period. There's a reason that the CA state smog refs will pass every stock honda motor swap except for the ZC...think about that for a little bit. Anyone who thinks it's a good motor probably thinks that the B16 is God's gift to racing...get over yourselves.

4. People who don't know what the fuck they are talking about need to shut their mouths....especially referring to what other cars run, because you think you can take one out.

5. TSM.....TSM....TSM....what are we gonna do about you. You are one of these Honda > all guys, aren't you? My CRX runs 10's, BAH BAH BAH, your domestic probably falls apart before it hits the finish line and is shitty, BAH BAH BAH, drag racing is all there is to life, BAH BAH BAH. Seriously, get over it. You're not cool, you're not a badass. I could care less if you were "Factory trained by HONDA," because you seem like a complete fucktard noob to me. You don't seem like you know your shit. All I've seen you do is run your mouth a bunch on things you have no clue about. Yeah, your CRX supposedly runs 10's. Big deal, all it takes is money to make a car fast. Do us all a favor and learn some basic grammar before you come back to post. Thanks.
I still stick with my statement that stock B20 sleeves (and H22 sleeves for that matter) are garbage. But that's personal opinion.

And an H22 full swap is 34 pounds heavier than a B-Series swap.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:10 AM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by TSM
Sorry i made you mad but if you want to run me in any of my cars I will run circles around you at the drag stip, auto-x or open track events . I go to all of them so meet me there
You're resorting to the most pathetic of insults.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by TSM
You didn't read all the posts my CRX dosen't run better than 17 sec it is stock i was being sarcastic . I was just trying to shut this idot up. Honda guy my ass this is my first and i only bought it as a advertisment for my shop I have a lot of work to do on it still. Sorry i made you mad but if you want to run me in any of my cars I will run circles around you at the drag stip, auto-x or open track events . I go to all of them so meet me there
I got an idea, lets E-race!

Seriously, give it up. We already know you have a huge penis.

Originally Posted by AF
I still stick with my statement that stock B20 sleeves (and H22 sleeves for that matter) are garbage. But that's personal opinion.
Fact > personal opinion. They aren't garbage. If they were as bad as you say they are, people wouldn't be running 15+ lbs on the stock sleeve.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

This topic has gone to h3ll. You guys need to move it to way the fu@k off topic.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Yea, its just turned into one big pissing contest... On the internet no less... Come on guys, just forget about it... Youll never see each other, so why really cares what the other thinks??
Old 02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

The ZC is a garbage motor....period. There's a reason that the CA state smog refs will pass every stock honda motor swap except for the ZC.
So we should all follow suit with CA emissions laws.
Fuck that, you idiots out there can have that shit. It is bullshit and has started to spread to NYS. Just another gov't regulation. The Zc puts out no more than any other old school domestic.
Next thing liberal California will try to do is ban all those great old school muscle cars

Anyone who thinks it's a good motor probably thinks that the B16 is God's gift to racing...get over yourselves.
It is far from it. FYI i think it is overhyped & over priced.

I have had two Zc motors (& getting a third) and have had 0 problems with them. Guess i have just been lucky.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a solution for all of you... I tried this and it worked great. I got one of these:

No more worrying about who is faster or how much your swap will cost. Teh edn.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

^^ this is true ZC is a good motor. its a good upgrade from the sohc non vtecs. The b16 is overrated but has alot of aftermarket. For the price of a swap I have a d series that puts a b16 to shame. look at d series tq numbers vs B seires and then look at the hp numbers tha b series makes more at high rpm. Kind of got to rev the h3ll out of it to get those. Simple FI on a d series kills a b series for way less money. But then you say I can do that on a b series and kill a d. Well you can its all up to how much money you want to spend. A nicely built d series is a cheap alternative for a b series swap for more performance. But a d series is far from crap. I tried to do that without flaming as not to continue to kill this thread and bring it way off topic.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:25 PM
b18hatch

Originally Posted by dE.fUsEd
yes, he totally owned me.
as i recall, you were getting a little pissy when the whold tire/rear end issue came up. Correct me if im wrong, but i thought that we were talking about a stock rs.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:42 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

GEEZUS alright already!