Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CRVTEC Turbo
Run 10's BabY
Old 02-01-2006, 10:59 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Back on topic....

The DOHC Zc is NOT junk as stated previously. I had one in my 93 hatch and stock for stock it can hang with the overpriced overhyped and under torqued b16a. Zc will get beat on top end over the b16, but can hang with it very well.

It really depends on what you want from the car(long or short term goals) and the budget you have to work with.

If the twin cam Zc is not for you then pass the b16,save the money and get a b18b(LS motor).
If your gonna spend the $$ anyway, this might be a better route.Fairly versatile and strong motor,saving some $$ to put into the b18 would be worth it and can go in many directions.
Still a b series motor, so aftermarket support is there. Decent base power for a Crx, great motor for future boost or go the "LS Vtec" route.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
TSM

Originally Posted by dE.fUsEd
jeesus, you're a toolbag. i give two shits what you believe. i run a forum and have no reason to lie or try to pretend what i have/don't have. i have actual people that witness anything i do with racing. as a matter of fact, i can scan the timeslip when i get home.

the reason the tranny blew this time is due to blowing out the rear end. not that you even know what any of these mods mean, but let me list them for you, kid:

3200 stall, edelbrock tpi base, slp runners, port siamesed plenum, 58mm bbk tb, ported stock heads, bbk afpr, #24 injectors, chipped ecu, hedman LT headers, no cats, custom exhaust, and some other shit i'm forgetting.

you do the math. my goal was to break 12's with the stock heads, which i didn't get the chance to do since i blew up another tranny and my rear end. after my 3.73's and new tranny is in, i should EASILY be in to 12's.

good luck with your crx and those goals. :reechy:
Yeah if you drop $3000 in parts you should be running 12's but your not because you keep blowing rears and tranys go spend another $3000 on a trany and rear if you do it your self I will put $6000 in my CRX and see who wins if you get to the finish line with all your parts still on your car.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:06 PM
crx_si

Yeah if you drop $3000 in parts you should be running 12's but your not because you keep blowing rears and tranys go spend another $3000 on a trany and rear if you do it your self I will put $6000 in my CRX and see who wins if you get to the finish line with all your parts still on your car.
someone got wned:
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Originally Posted by TSM

ok, there's this thing they use in most languages, maybe you've heard of it. it's placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete. it's called a period.
when you learn to make complete, structured sentences, let me know. until then, stop embarrassing yourself on the forums.

anyways, no one asked if you could put 6k in a 2000lb econobox and beat a 3400lb camaro w/ 3k in mods. and we are not here to argue about who's car can go faster with whatever amount of money we put in to it.

you are a retard and this convo doesn't need to go any more off topic. enjoy talking to yourself.

Last edited by dE.fUsEd; 02-01-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:19 PM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

Originally Posted by crx_si
someone got wned:
yes, he totally owned me.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:09 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by AF
If you sleeve it. Stock B20 cylinder walls = garbage

Speaking of misconceptions, there's another one.

1. Stock b20 cylinder walls are just fine. A "few" people ended up with cracked sleeves running super high compression, but my guess is faulty tuning resulted in excess heat and stress.

2. As far as I know, the H22 is about 50lbs more than a Bseries. You can have a perfectly fine handling hatch/coupe with an H22...I know plenty of people that autocross them.

3. The ZC is a garbage motor....period. There's a reason that the CA state smog refs will pass every stock honda motor swap except for the ZC...think about that for a little bit. Anyone who thinks it's a good motor probably thinks that the B16 is God's gift to racing...get over yourselves.

4. People who don't know what the fuck they are talking about need to shut their mouths....especially referring to what other cars run, because you think you can take one out.

5. TSM.....TSM....TSM....what are we gonna do about you. You are one of these Honda > all guys, aren't you? My CRX runs 10's, BAH BAH BAH, your domestic probably falls apart before it hits the finish line and is shitty, BAH BAH BAH, drag racing is all there is to life, BAH BAH BAH. Seriously, get over it. You're not cool, you're not a badass. I could care less if you were "Factory trained by HONDA," because you seem like a complete fucktard noob to me. You don't seem like you know your shit. All I've seen you do is run your mouth a bunch on things you have no clue about. Yeah, your CRX supposedly runs 10's. Big deal, all it takes is money to make a car fast. Do us all a favor and learn some basic grammar before you come back to post. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 AM
TSM

Originally Posted by dubcac

5. TSM.....TSM....TSM....what are we gonna do about you. You are one of these Honda > all guys, aren't you? My CRX runs 10's, BAH BAH BAH, your domestic probably falls apart before it hits the finish line and is shitty, BAH BAH BAH, drag racing is all there is to life, BAH BAH BAH. Seriously, get over it. You're not cool, you're not a badass. I could care less if you were "Factory trained by HONDA," because you seem like a complete fucktard noob to me. You don't seem like you know your shit. All I've seen you do is run your mouth a bunch on things you have no clue about. Yeah, your CRX supposedly runs 10's. Big deal, all it takes is money to make a car fast. Do us all a favor and learn some basic grammar before you come back to post. Thanks.
You didn't read all the posts my CRX dosen't run better than 17 sec it is stock i was being sarcastic . I was just trying to shut this idot up. Honda guy my ass this is my first and i only bought it as a advertisment for my shop I have a lot of work to do on it still. Sorry i made you mad but if you want to run me in any of my cars I will run circles around you at the drag stip, auto-x or open track events . I go to all of them so meet me there