Notices

Where do I buy more Valve Adjustment nuts?

Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I buy more Valve Adjustment nuts?

Well, somehow my car is missing 2 valve adjustment nuts. I don't know how, but it is. I haven't drivin it in a while. But I was wondering if there are any other engiens out there that have the same size adjsutment nuts, maybe I can go to the junk yard and get some. I need to get them on there ASAP. Also, I adjusted my valves, and it was quiet for a lil, thne all of a sudden I heard the ticking again. I can't get it to stop for good. It is like the valve adjustment nuts like un-adjsut themselves or sumthing. Besides the Go*^@mn ticking is driving me insane, when i rev my car, Idk which is louder the ticking or my exhaust. I just want it gone for good. PLEASE HELP!!!!

P.S. I had my mechanic adjsut my valves, and it was quiet for a lil while and then the same thing happened again. It seems like the ticking is coming from the intake side. So IDK. I must have redone them about 4 or 5 times already. Da$*it
Old 11-27-2005, 04:13 PM
m735is

I don't see anything special about them, is there? Or are they just 10mm nuts?
Old 11-27-2005, 04:30 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

They are special, they are like a different thread size than normal bolts. I usually go to Home Depot to get my Bolts for my engine. But none of them worked for it, so.......
Old 11-27-2005, 04:55 PM
m735is

I guess you'll have to go to the dealer or take em off a junker and try??