Notices

What exactly is rice and why does it matter

Old 09-12-2002, 03:19 PM
excitid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As usual 1st gen sums it up perfectly. Now only if he would come to chicago and build me a wicked si.
Old 09-13-2002, 09:32 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by excitid
Now only if he would come to chicago and build me a wicked si.
Hehe, air fare, room and food cost, then about $800 on top of parts and sure I'll come to chicago
Old 09-13-2002, 01:18 PM
cwhiteboy

Rice is a term used when someone doesn't like the way another persons car looks. Thats it. It doesnt have to do with alumidumb wings (I don't like em), neon lights or even mismatched funky colored stripes and body panels. Even though you might not like it, someone else does, and hopefully the person driving the car likes it. There are enough "ricers" out there to call most of our cars ricers. "look at that car, its fast but looks stock as sh!t, thats so lame. " sound familiar. Get my point. Even though I use the term rice quite frequently (more like mexicar[no hard feelings towards the latinos on the board]), I still know that that is just against my personal preference.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:27 PM
WhiteRice

Originally posted by cwhiteboy
(more like mexicar[no hard feelings towards the latinos on the board]), I still know that that is just against my personal preference.
hahaha we call 'em Vlatomobiles. Or it's all "Vlatoed out."
Old 09-13-2002, 01:46 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Actually, I've never heard anything derrogatory about a car that is significantly faster than stock but looked like crap.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:34 PM

Yes, 1st gen!!!

My thoughts: Someone cannot afford better parts, so they gay it up with pep boys crap, and badges, and ugly wings, rims, etc.

But yea...

1st gen is the man
Old 09-13-2002, 04:28 PM
ronaldmcdonald

Actually I find the sleeper approach of cars that don't look fast (stock, or otherwise not well maintained), but are actually fast to be much more tasteful.

When you have the timeslips and/or dyno figures to back up what you've got, that's all that really matters imo, unless you're a poseur or want to impress kids or chics who don't know much, and think bodykits, big wings and 'type-r' badges is what makes cars fast.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:42 PM
cwhiteboy

I was just saying that there are a lot of people that think a car should be show if its gonna be go, to them its pointless to have go but no show. Thats not my belief personally, but I gotta stick up for the other people, cause you know we got some of em on here.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:57 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Haha, man, sorry, I still don't agree with you at all.

To me, the reason show cars are slow is because the people ran out of money :rofl: As far as appreciating other cars, cars are built for different reasons, if show is your thing, fine, but I still have never heard anyone talk down about a car that's had serious wrench time on the engine at the neglect of the body. Besides that, it's personally a lot easier for me to counter an attack on my car than someone who has spent the same amount of money on body kits and paint; but it almost always comes down to whether you really even give a ish what anyone else thinks about your car, because if you don't, it doesn't matter.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:44 AM
Project_Rage

i don't know about anyone else hear but my car has to look good and be quick. if its one or the other im not going to be happy. ppl will try to race you if your car looks good and then you have no go. But if your car looks like crap but your fast, ya your fast but there just feels like there is something missing I need the good looks well idlest a little of it.

im a designer and its my job to make things look good. i think of my car not only as power and speed but also like art, a way of expressing my ideas into my ride and it makes me feel good to know others think what I have done looks cool. I don't know 1 person that doesn't like others complementing them on there work whether it be engine or body.