Notices

cd player

Old 11-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Roli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player

Am i going to need a dash kit to make my new aftermarket cd player in a 91 civic fit? Or will it fit in perfectly without one? How did you guys do your cd player? Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Tankard

It should fit without a kit if it's the normal size radio.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Roli

I have everything hooked up, except my cd player. It doesnt fit in tight. Come guys, i know most of you peeps have aftermarket cd players help me out!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:06 PM
ChrisS

Most car stereo head units are DIN and have a metal insert/slieve that fits into the dash opening for the radio (you bend little tabs on the slieve to make it clamp tight to the opening). There's also a back strap/support to keep the back of the head unit from bouncing around.
-Put the slieve in the hole for the radio.
-Install the back strap/support.
-Connect all the wiring to the head unit. (solder and shrink tube each connection; use the wiring harness adapter to connect the head unit to the honda wiring harness, assuming someone hasn't hacked the radio connection up.)
-Slide the head unit into the slieve.
-Secure the back strap/support to the back of the head unit and you're done. (the head unit is part of the dash and won't move.)
Old 11-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Tankard

I do remember once, i got a paint stirer(wooden flat stick), and cut it to the right leangth, then wrapped it with black carpet(stapled it on tightly). I stuck it under the radio holder(thing that the radio comes with) and then bent the tabs out where it was nice and snug. It looked nice and neat after i was done. Sometimes you have to fabricate your own stuff, but make it look neat.