Notices

89 Civic wont start...

Old 11-13-2005, 04:43 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Civic wont start...

When I first got the car, it ran fine. Occasionally Id go out and start it up. It probably been a month and a week since the last start up. i recently tried to start it up, nothing. The only think I can think of is since I hadnt been driving it, and not letting it run for more than 10 minutes when I did start it up, the battery was not getting charged up all the way when running. Any suggestions?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
sidewayz32

charge the battery?

does it crank? does the starter just click? does it do anything?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:52 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Do you have anymore specifics on it than that?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
imnot4n
Dangerously Advanced

Yea when you turn the key, there was nothing. I mean I charged the battery and I think everything is good for now, but it was wierd
Old 11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
accordcivic

I don't think it's good to let a car sit for very long. Anyone else know about this? Well, I was told that is an invitation for problems to come.

Anyway, I agree with the replies but I would have the battery tested at an autoparts store that does that. That way, you start the process of elimination. I'm not too fond of the way my current battery starts up. It might be okay but it is a replacement battery my friend picked up at a wrecker's. It does start up but when I fix the other problems, I plan on bringing it in for a test to make sure it's in decent enough shape.

If your battery is okay, then I suggest to check connections (wires, spark plugs, rust problems and the starter). The experts here know better so I would like to know what they think of my suggestions.