Notices

Radiator Problems.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM
shady visions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator Problems.

So I needed to get to my O2 sensor to take it out but my radiator fans were in the way, and I need a new radiator anyway, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I put the new sensor in today, and also got the radiator (or part of it) out. I remember how to put it back in, I was just wondering what my options were.

How much would a radiator cost me? Should I stick with OEM or go ahead and get a more performance based one?

also, green liquid = coolant, right? Trying to make sure I drained the right liquid.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM
90sicivic
ACCORD & CIVIC TUNER

green liquid = antifreeze... stick with oem.. depending on what kinda motor you are running.. if you are running DOHC.. try to get something aftermarket.. anything SOHC tho.. just stick with OEM
Old 10-19-2005, 07:42 AM
shady visions

Originally Posted by 90sicivic
green liquid = antifreeze... stick with oem.. depending on what kinda motor you are running.. if you are running DOHC.. try to get something aftermarket.. anything SOHC tho.. just stick with OEM
so, everything that I drained out of the radiator and radiator lines was anti-freeze? :/
Old 10-19-2005, 01:36 PM
shady visions

So, I hooked the radiator back up with everything the way it was before, after I changed the oxygen sensor. Is there any reason my car shouldn't start up? Would it not start if I didn't get everything on the radiator hooked back up?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
shady visions

Okay, I put antifreeze/coolant in the reservoir and the car started. The radiator fans now blow, which isn't something I've seen the fans do since I've had the car. However, the car heats up if I let it run for a while. Any particular reason that would be, or do I just need to wait?

note, I also have an existing vacuum leak that I know of. In the attached picture, the red tube going from the head to the intake isn't plugged into my intake or head. Would this cause a problem similar to causing the car to heat up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
intakeline.jpg (42.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
shady visions

Car is overheating. bump for reply. :/
Old 10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by shady visions
Okay, I put antifreeze/coolant in the reservoir and the car started. The radiator fans now blow, which isn't something I've seen the fans do since I've had the car. However, the car heats up if I let it run for a while. Any particular reason that would be, or do I just need to wait?

note, I also have an existing vacuum leak that I know of. In the attached picture, the red tube going from the head to the intake isn't plugged into my intake or head. Would this cause a problem similar to causing the car to heat up?

Did you dilute the antifreeze with water or just add 100% antifreeze?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
shady visions

100% antifreeze.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by shady visions
100% antifreeze.

Well, that explains why it's running hot.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:31 PM
VPUPPY

drain, refill with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze, bleed all the air out of the cooling system. you can go ahead and get an aftermarket radiator. no need to get an oem radiator if you are doin just daily driving. there are many companies selling oem style radiators for about 100 dollars. i have one in my car and its been fine. ordered mine from radiator barn.