Notices

So my O2 sensor isn't hooked up to anything...

Old 10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
shady visions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So my O2 sensor isn't hooked up to anything...

1990 CRX Si

My neighbor noticed I got my CRX running consistently. I asked him if he knew anything about why my exaust would be smoking a little and he said it's running rich by the smell. One of the first things he looked at was the O2 sensor. We realized that it wasn't hooked up to anything, the wire had been cut. I was wondering if anyone would have a picture of what the sensor should look like when it was hooked up (where it hooks up). If I were to buy the sensor, would the thing that it needs to connect to my wiring harness (that's where we are thinking it hooks up) work as well?

Also, another problem I have is there is PCV Valve going from the valve cover to the air intake, right? Well, mine isn't connected at all, and we can't figure out how it is we're supposed to get the PCV Valve (have one), connected to the tubing (have it), that is supposed to hook up the the stock airbox/intake portion (do not have stock, but have one we can hook the thing into.) We just can't figure out if there's supposed to be an adapter or how exactly it is supposed to be hooked up FROM the valve cover. I haven't been able to find a picture, so if anyone knows of one that would show what I need, I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:48 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by shady visions
1990 CRX Si

My neighbor noticed I got my CRX running consistently. I asked him if he knew anything about why my exaust would be smoking a little and he said it's running rich by the smell. One of the first things he looked at was the O2 sensor. We realized that it wasn't hooked up to anything, the wire had been cut. I was wondering if anyone would have a picture of what the sensor should look like when it was hooked up (where it hooks up). If I were to buy the sensor, would the thing that it needs to connect to my wiring harness (that's where we are thinking it hooks up) work as well?

Also, another problem I have is there is PCV Valve going from the valve cover to the air intake, right? Well, mine isn't connected at all, and we can't figure out how it is we're supposed to get the PCV Valve (have one), connected to the tubing (have it), that is supposed to hook up the the stock airbox/intake portion (do not have stock, but have one we can hook the thing into.) We just can't figure out if there's supposed to be an adapter or how exactly it is supposed to be hooked up FROM the valve cover. I haven't been able to find a picture, so if anyone knows of one that would show what I need, I'd appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of the o2 sensor. Just buy the new one, and try to locate the plug, or wire (if its cut), in the engine, it should be near the distributor. For the pcv connection, you connect the valve cover hole to the post thats sticking out from your air intake. If your intake doesn't have a post coming out of it(near the throttle body), then there's something wrong with that intake. You can stick a breather filter on the hole from the valve cover if that's the case, but i'm not sure if you'll pass emissions with it on. BTW, I don't think that is the pcv anyway, my pcv is on the evaporative canister. It the big cylinder shaped thing that sits right next to the fuel filter, with like two or three vacuum hoses coming out of it(one on the valve itself).
Old 10-18-2005, 04:01 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I know my O2 sensor isn't hooked up and the plug is near the distributer. I have seen some people have their's hooked up to the header. Of some have it before the cat at the bottom of the engine. Are you OBD0 or OBD1?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 AM
shady visions

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
I know my O2 sensor isn't hooked up and the plug is near the distributer. I have seen some people have their's hooked up to the header. Of some have it before the cat at the bottom of the engine. Are you OBD0 or OBD1?
obd0 d16a6 i believe. My I have a free plug, I just don't know if I buy a new o2 sensor then will it have a plug with it that I plug into the plug near the distributor (found that). I don't want to buy the sensor if I don't have the piece to plug it back in too.