Notices

Does this exist

Old 09-08-2002, 01:51 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does this exist

Were their any civic made in 90-91 with rear wheel drive? My friend has a 5spd wagon, 91 civic and he swears its rear wheelsdrive, the reason is because his back tires got stuck in a ditch, and when he hit his gas to come out he felt his back tires spin, then later he came back and looked and the spot and saw tire marks all into the dirt from where they sat their and spun. Now I think there were some AWD models of the CRX but i might be wrong so is this possible to have on a 91 wagon? What you guys think, i say its prolly FWD
Old 09-08-2002, 02:04 PM
crxrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was an AWD Civic wagon, maybe he has one of those. A pretty simple way to check to see if he has RWD is to stick your head under the car and look for rear axles coming from a rear diff. It will be pretty obvious.

Chris
Old 09-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Alright, will do. Is the AWD rare or fairly common?
Old 09-08-2002, 02:43 PM
crxrocks

I really don't know man. They aren't extremely common, but I see them every once in a while.

Chris
Old 09-08-2002, 07:36 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

There were NO AWD CRXs, and NO AWD Civic Hatchbacks. Only some Civic Wagons came with AWD, but it wasn't fulltime I don't think, it's like the only-comes-on-when-it-needs-it type.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

You sure there was no AWD CRX ever, i think i read an article in a OLD issue of like, C&D or something and they were talking about this AWD CRX in Japan but they did say it never made it to the states, then they talked about the civic wagon and all that. Pretty cool magizine actually, compares the civic wagon with a subaru and toyota and other cars in its class, and theres advertisements for the new line of accords from honda, all 4th gen body styles.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:15 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by Fryd_Up
You sure there was no AWD CRX ever, i think i read an article in a OLD issue of like, C&D or something and they were talking about this AWD CRX in Japan but they did say it never made it to the states, then they talked about the civic wagon and all that. Pretty cool magizine actually, compares the civic wagon with a subaru and toyota and other cars in its class, and theres advertisements for the new line of accords from honda, all 4th gen body styles.
i'm not familiar with any jdm/usdm/edm awd/4x4 crxs...maybe a prototype honda made for the heck of it...or some shop over there than put a crx shell on a civic 4x4 wagon frame...only the 5 door wagon came with 4x4 and it was a 6spd (not sure if they made an auto with it)
Old 09-09-2002, 09:03 PM
REVcivic89

Default Ok Have a Tranny question

OK I have a question. Do they make a shift kit that replaces the springs in the vaulve body of an automatic transmission. I have an 1990 eclipse and i knwo they make one for that but I dont knwo about my honda PLEASE HELP ME FIND ONE I want one bad
Old 09-10-2002, 02:59 AM
excitid

I've seen 1 4x4 with the automatic.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:37 PM
More&Faster

ya they made the 4wd wagons from 86-91. they were available with an auto, a 5spd, and a 6spd in later years. when driving around town only the front wheels drove the car, but if there was like 3% slippage in the front then there was a center viscous differential that would engage and power the rear wheels. pretty cool. my next project is to find a good clean one and turbocharge it. you think your crx is a sleeper? hahaha

Quick Reply: Does this exist