Notices

CRX 1.6D with acura transmission?

Old 09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
HatchbackHell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX 1.6D with acura transmission?

I had a guy recently tell me that his CRX had an acura integra transmission and axles.. Truthfully I do not believe the guy because of the length of the axles being so different. Is there anyway this is possible? and if it is possible, how is he running a 1.6 SOHC Vtech delsol engine with a transmission made for a DOHC motor and bigger axles? is there a certain year or OBD that works for this model?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 PM
spazz0nater
i wanna go fast

bseries trannys will nto fir on a d series motor
Old 09-02-2005, 06:59 AM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by HatchbackHell
I had a guy recently tell me that his CRX had an acura integra transmission and axles.. Truthfully I do not believe the guy because of the length of the axles being so different. Is there anyway this is possible? and if it is possible, how is he running a 1.6 SOHC Vtech delsol engine with a transmission made for a DOHC motor and bigger axles? is there a certain year or OBD that works for this model?
he could have a ZC L3 transmission which uses intermediate shaft and the larger 90-93 Integra axles - not using Integra transmission though
Old 09-02-2005, 11:37 AM
HatchbackHell

Ok, thank you guys so much. I was starting to doubt myself for a minute because he kept swearing up and down that his axles were acura integra along with his transmission. I kept telling him no, and he kept goin on..so... thanks guys.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

It is possible, but it would use some funny Japanese market parts. As far as I know, all ZC equipped Integras used an intermediate shaft (and thus equal length axles.)