Notices

eg ek and ef

Old 08-31-2005, 04:40 PM
crxmrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eg ek and ef

just curious as if the engine bays are somewhat simular. cause i am looking into the j's racing intake and they only make it for the eg and ek. and i want it for my crx with a dohc zc swap. so would it fit or would it be too long?
Old 08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
ED9man
driver

which one is that?
Old 08-31-2005, 04:52 PM
crxmrdr

http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.a...For=&PT_ID=373
Old 08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
ED9man
driver

It's not gonna fit on your D's throttle body.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:54 PM
crxmrdr

how do you figure? just curious. i have a dohc zc swap. and i can get the right size coupler to match the intake and the TB, you think
Old 08-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

check where your battery is - itll prolly be in the way. i just put my battery in the trunk, it made room for intake and let it get a lil more air. but you should be able to make it fit the throttle body.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:21 PM
crxmrdr

my batt is in the trunk. i just ordered it for the eg. so hopefully it fits allright
Old 09-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Honestly, on a DOHC ZC engine, that was a dumb purchase... Should spent that money on something else... A cold air intake that was made for that engine, and an optional BPV would be my suggestion...

For one its made a b16a, sure you can get a coupler to make it fit as you stated, but then your still making it smaller to fit the smaller diameter of the ZC TB, basically choking and making gains youd be getting from the intake null and void...

That engine isnt a VTEC engine.... VTEC engines are great namely because they respond great to more air, allowing more air in, and more air out much quicker than your avg engine... But with a non VTEC engine, theres only so much air it can sucessfully take in, and let out... It dosnt change because theres no more valve there to 'turn on' to let more air in and out... WIth that kind of engine, its not exactly how much air you feed it, its mainly about how cold it is...

Which brings me to my next point... Its a ram style intake design... Now I know its been debated for ever, and still will be... But dynos have proven that cold air intakes, give you more HP up top... You would have been better off getting a CAI... Unless or course u live where I live, and it floods a bit... Then a by pass valve is a must...

So essentially, you just spend $160+ on a carbon fiber part, to make your engine look pretty... You will have little to no gains from it... Tho the engine will definately sound alot meaner...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
ullerw
rexerk

um, i dont know what crap your talkin about a vtec engine needing more air, sry to be rude, but ANY engine responds better to more air, in fact an engine can be seen as a glorified air pump, the more air in and out the more power. perhaps a vtec engine may respond better to having more air, but it will help any engine. the dseries one would have been better however, but the b will work. oh, and the zc with its longer stroke than a b will actually respond very well to the extra air, thats what makes them good for turbo
Old 09-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

I didnt say that more air isnt better... I said, in a VTEC engine is where it makes the most difference... The extra valves allow the engine to be more versitile to more air/fuel... In a non VTEC engine, however, its mainly about getting colder air in... And getting it in more efficiently... An adding a constriction like adding a coupler for a larger intake, into a smaller throttle body, is no more efficient than any old, regular intake you buy thats made for the engine...

To show the difference, when u add an intake onto a DPFI engine you will see less of a difference, than if the intake manifold was setup for MPFI... Because it allows the air to get in and out more efficiently... VTEC being the key, it allows more air in and out faster... Thereby being more efficient, and respond better to more air... Adding more air to an engine that can only handle so much is pointless, therefore you would see a better increase in performance by making the said air colder...

As for turbo... Those fit under, more colder air (if u have a good intercooler setup) and more efficient, thats why turbos are so great... It makes the perfect combination of all these required variables...