Notices

Main Relay?

Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 AM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem -
my main relay WAS bad but my injector was ALSO bad so replace both.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=200085
Old 08-31-2005, 12:12 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by Jigga JJ
sometimes you get that from a faulty injector....the injector could be leaking......or not spraying correctly.usually when code 16 hits.its means what it says..are you running Dpfi or Mpfi?
Dpfi. I actually replaced the relay, because i am not comfortable with resoldering, i have no idea how to even begin to take apart the relay once it's out the cover. It has helped the starting hot problem, but i still get a CEL once in a while, especially when shifting at redline. I think there is something wrong with the injectors. I have run fuel cleaner before, and i only use premium at the pump. I'll try the cleaner again and see what happens. Thanks for the help again. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sorry, i meant mpfi.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

yeah man its definatley at least one of the injectors. either buy some or go to a junk yard and replace em. check the plastic harness part on the top injector make sure it didnt break or anything.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Originally Posted by Magic Carpet
yeah man its definatley at least one of the injectors. either buy some or go to a junk yard and replace em. check the plastic harness part on the top injector make sure it didnt break or anything.
Actually a few days back, when you posted a similar problem, I found that two of my injectors didn't have the little clips that hold the harnesses onto them. I think whenever my engine would move enough, the harnesses would wiggle off a little and shut the car off sometimes. When I started it back up, the motion that starting the car makes wiggled the harnesses back on and viola!
After driving the car today and yesterday with the new main relay installed, I don't have any starting problems, or hesitation. But OCCASSIONALY my CEL will pop on and when I hit a violent bump or slam the accelerator, the car jerks back and forth like i'm hitting the rev limitor, then goes, and CEL turns off.
By now, I'm pretty certain it's the injectors. They're probably not spraying correctly.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

I wanted to also add that I found these remanufactured fuel injectors for $35 each, http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...0%20CRX%201991 they're from Nopionline. I was shocked because most part stores have them for seventy. What you guys think? About $160 shipped for all of them!