Notices

Building a Sleeper

Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 PM
VTEC-Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Yes, they do. If you read the EO article from CARB on the Greddy kit for the GSR, it clearly shows that a new Greddy equipped GSR puts out less "smog" than a new GSR in every possible area of the test.

I don't know if it really has anything to do with heating the cat up better, but rather something the turbo does to the efficiency of fuel combustion to make it cleaner all the way around.
they why don't you think you will pass Shmoo?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by VTEC-Power
Firstly, I have to find a place around that will not fail me the instant they open the hood because they are too lazy to look up EO numbers.

Secondly, I had a nasty oil burning problem that had me going through 3 quarts every 1000 miles, so my cat is probably toast.

Timing is running out, so I need to figure this out....
Old 08-26-2005, 10:33 PM
VTEC-Power

so get a new CAT, and doesn't matter if you have the C.A.R.B. #'s they will just fail you for popping the hood, they are real assholes
Old 08-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

so get a new CAT, and doesn't matter if you have the C.A.R.B. #'s they will just fail you for popping the hood, they are real assholes
Yes, I know this. I am going to try a place tomorrow in Covina that I have heard is "modified car-friendly". Hopefully, they will inspect the parts for legality, like they should and put it on the sniffer since all the parts are legal and let me know if I need a new cat or if I can get on with my life and complete my registration.

Worse comes to worse, I have plenty of money to bribe someone with. And if that doesn't work, I will go back to slow ass N/A until I can get it passed.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:37 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Why won't you be able to pass? Just because you have a swap? I'm planning on doing a swap on a CRX this spring or summer with a ITR, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't pass smog. I know of no places in Washington that would pass me for some cash.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
Why won't you be able to pass? Just because you have a swap? I'm planning on doing a swap on a CRX this spring or summer with a ITR, I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't pass smog. I know of no places in Washington that would pass me for some cash.
Have you even looked at the smog laws in your state? They won't be as anal about engine swaps and such like they are in California, but make sure you are familiar with the regulations and take the necessary actions to ensure the swap is legal.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
VTEC-Power

No way you will pass, as soon as they pop the hood they will fail you. No way that engine is stock in the car they will say
Old 08-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

No way you will pass, as soon as they pop the hood they will fail you. No way that engine is stock in the car they will say
If it is properly documented, it will.

Just like if your swap were looked over by the state ref and passed inspection, it would be perfectly legal and "smoggable".
Old 08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Have you even looked at the smog laws in your state? They won't be as anal about engine swaps and such like they are in California, but make sure you are familiar with the regulations and take the necessary actions to ensure the swap is legal.
I just looked through the FAQ and stuff like that and saw nothing about swaps won't pass.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:21 AM
VTEC-Power

Swaps might pass emissions part, but not visual exception. Sure you can take your car to a state ref. buy have a nice time if they give you a referee ticket, and have to make your car stock again, believe me happens to often