Notices

bad hesitation, wont start hot.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad hesitation, wont start hot.

well i jus got the stock motor rebuilt on my 91, 4 door but the problem was the same before the rebuild

The problem: major hesitation when hitting the gas 1/4 of the way down or more. hit the gas, it bogs severly then revs. Also cuts down on power on the top end.

The trigger: bringing it to redline and shifting hard OR when letting out the clutch in first gear, bogging the motor to almost stalling, then driveing off

The cause: not sure but i think something with the ignition or the distributor; revving it high may trip something to make it hesitate and not get enough spark which may make it not start when it is hot.

I also think the fuel pump is malfunctioning, so could the fuel pump cause this problem or should i try replacing the distributor or what??? help me out please!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

well no one helped me out with this question but i figured it out. the top fuel injector had broken and would spaz out every time i went over 6 grand. i replaced it and is fine, thanks anyways.

(this post might help someone having the same problem)
Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Hmmm. I should check that out on my car. My 89 crx si almost does the same thing. If i stomp the gas a little fast, my car jerks back and forth violently, CEL comes on, and if i take it out of gear, then gently put it back, it continues to go fine, and CEL turns off. Top end power seems to suffer sometimes when i take it to redline. Also sometimes just cruising makes my CEL light come on, but when i turn off the car and start it back up, the CEL goes away.
One last thing my car does is occassionally, my CEL light will come on, like when i shift hard, and the car will suddenly die, IN GEAR! Tapping the gas doesn't help, it just sputters while the rpms drop. Hmmm. Well anyway, i'll check out my injectors and see if that's the problem. Thanks for the post.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:08 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Checked my ecu today and it's throwing code 16-fuel injector. Two of my injectors don't have the clips that hold the harnesses in place, that's probably the problem, or maybe a broken fuel injector. Good call Magic.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 AM
Magic Carpet
If you got em, burn em!

well, i gotta say that is exactly what happened with my top injector. i have a front strut bar that pushes the airbox onto the injector connector and the plastic part snapped, so im glad i could help!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:20 AM
ronin84

When that happened to mine, it was my distributor. But it ended up being a shitload of problems, including the injectors, that lead me to get a whole new motor, heh :doh: