Notices

just bought a 91 civic dx hatchback

Old 08-05-2005, 01:11 PM
ontilt927

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a 91 civic dx hatchback

I just picked up a 91 honda civic dx hatchback with only 90K miles on it. I had to replace the distributor before it would start up in order for me to buy it, so I did that. It passed inspection. Then when I was driving it home, it was running fine, and out of nowhere, it started puttering. So I pulled over, and by the time I hit the shoulder, the car had shut off. For the next couple of tries, the car would click then try and start, but couldn't do it. Now it just clicks. Does this sound like a battery or alternator problem to anyone? Or could it possibly be something else?

Thanks for the help.

Jon
Old 08-06-2005, 01:02 AM
spazz0nater
i wanna go fast

starter if it just clicks, make sure the rotor in the dizzy is tight.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:33 AM
CR-X 88 1stGen
BLOW OFF VALVES RULE

COULD BE THE battery or alternator IF THE alternator IS BAD THEN THAT WILL LET THE battery DIE OR THE STarTER CAN JUST BE MISSED UP. with WHAT HAPPEN TO ME I SWAPPED A D16Y7 IN TO MY CR-X hf WITH A NEW STARTER AND IT JUSTED CLICKED WHEN TRYING TO CRANK IT so I GOT A NEW ONE AND THAT WAZ THE FIX'S ......... :beer:
Old 08-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Check the small wire on the starter (towards the bottom), it mightve come loose... Did that to me right after my swap... When I would try and start it would just click at me...