Notices

Couple questions

Old 07-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Jinx2005Riceboy
Under Construction,always

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions

First off, I have a 1990 Civic 3dr with a D15B2.Questions are as follows:

1. I plan on replacing my clutch.I have sockets,wrenches,etc.I do not want to rent a lift.The car is real low, not sure if I could "slide" the transmission out under due to clearances.Would I be better off just pulling the whole engine?Done it before,BTW.ALso, any issues I should know about regarding this?

2. Every now and then, after I run my car from cold for abour 5 min., (temp gauge is normal) go to start it up, and the whole car shakes.I feel it in my seat, the shifter shakes, etc.Then I give it a second, and the car starts right up.Is this a issue with the tranny at all, or I'm thinking it could just be a grounding problem.

The only issue I have with my car is these. Other than that, for 200,198 miles, runs better than people who have new cars
Old 07-30-2005, 08:28 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

You have some nice tall jack stands? They are my life savers but I usually need two jacks to get them all under the car.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Well, since 3 of your engine mounts are on the transmission, you will need a jack, 2 stands, and either another jack or something else to hold the engine up while you take off the tranny...

But it may in fact be easier to just pull it all... I dunno... Depends on how high you can get the car I guess... If ucant get it high enough to go from below, then you have no other choice but to pull it all...
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Jinx2005Riceboy
Under Construction,always

Thanks, guys. I think I'm just going to pull the whole engine. Seems a lot easier, plus I can clean the whole thing like I've been wanting to. So any suggestions as to my other startup problem?