Notices

'91 CRX battery discharging

Old 07-25-2005, 05:11 PM
DigitalBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 CRX battery discharging

I have a 91 CRX, only 108,000 miles but when it sits for more than a few days, the battery is dead. It is a new battery and I even brought it back and had it tested and it checked out fine. Any ideas?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM
foot

Probably have some sort of parasitic draw. Put an amp meter between the negative cable and the negative post. I bet you'll get something. The problem is going to be finding the draw. I would start at the fuse panels looking for amperage ( current ) when the key is off. That should help narrow down the circuit.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:58 PM
xpman

Same thing happened to me. I found out by mistake that I could actually pull the key out of the ignition no matter which position it was in, even while driving down the road!

I found that what I was doing was pulling the key out of the ignition (when I parked) before it was turned off all the way to the last "click".

Also, I know this might sound stupid but pull your cables off the terminals and make sure you clean them well. I once thought I had a bad battery because I had no voltage at the power distribution box (not sure what it's really called). Actually I was losing 3 volts between the battery and the box just because the cables didn't have a very good connection.