Notices

Electrical problem?

Old 07-23-2005, 03:09 PM
shorty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem?

ohk, more starting issues. So today going to the studio to record some tracks, i decided to turn on my ac (which i hardly use) cause it was hotter than two witches titties and after about 10 min i notice that my steering colum was smoking (ever so lightly) and then for like a couple of seconds it was very vissible and then it got light again so i turned off the ac (but the blower was going) and it stopped in like 30 secs. so i turned the ac on and sure enoughh in like2 min it started smoking (lightly) again so i turened all my electrics off (blower , ac, radio) and i stopped at the store cause it was so hot and tried to pick up a drink.
here is the prob. when i tried to start betse she would turn over and as long as the key was in the starter on position she would run, but as soon as i let go of the key so that it would slip into the normal on position, she would shut down. it is crazy. so after about an hour in the parking lot and 3 people offering boosts. i decide to driver her home (by holding the starter on and ish). and halfway home she started working (i let it slip back to the on position and she stayed on).

Could this be due to faulty harness, ignition switch or that the ac is faultily grounded. this is weird but i just wanna know what i should dish out the cash for first (harness, ignition, etc)?
Old 07-23-2005, 05:04 PM
foot

Ignition switch related. Check connections first, if good, replace ignition switch. BTW, dont drive the car in the start position.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:02 PM
shorty_boy

Default i hope that you are right

"dont drive the car in the start position."
yeah i know but i had to get her home... i will check that out today
Old 07-27-2005, 04:26 PM
shorty_boy

Default it was the ignition switch

set me back 100 too but yeah that fixed my probs. and i decided to block off my egr valve cause it has been giving me probs. i don't need it ne wayz so yeah. i hope this tread helps pepes with similar probs.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:55 PM
foot

I'm glad I was able to help you. Get your EGR fixed before you need to smog your car. ( not sure what your smog laws are, though )
Old 07-29-2005, 01:27 PM
shorty_boy

Default i live in florida

for some strange reason or another florida does not do emissions ne more, all the other states that i lioved in did. its weird. only done when the car gets registered (i think).
Old 08-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Jinx2005Riceboy
Under Construction,always

A little off the subject, but what were the kinds of problems you were having with your EGR valve, and is it effective in curing certain problems?