Notices

Is a k-series motor a smart engine swap for a crx?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:29 PM
kiddcarbuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do what y awant man... its your car, i think if u buld the k20 the right way it can be totally streetable and super quick(sleeper) also check out the august edition of super street, Hasport put a k24 into an ef and it was very streetable according to the ediotrs
Old 07-28-2005, 01:22 AM
shady visions

Originally Posted by kiddcarbuff
do what y awant man... its your car, i think if u buld the k20 the right way it can be totally streetable and super quick(sleeper) also check out the august edition of super street, Hasport put a k24 into an ef and it was very streetable according to the ediotrs
yeah, but hasport isn't just one or two people who probably have a house/rent, a family, food to buy, and gas to put in their car. It's a company. They make money doing these things. If someone were to put a k series into their CRX for personal taste or to drive it around daily, they probably could've spent the money more wisely doing something else.

I'm not saying it's a bad swap option. It's a good one if you have the money, time, patience, and know-how to do it right. If you're an average-joe that can't afford a b18c5 swap, then the k-series definately isn't the right option for you.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:41 AM
Fire
wanna run

hey basically no matter what good advice you get youre gonna do what you think is cool. youre one of those guys that brings a car you are considering buying to my shop, and when i tell you its not worth it or its a crap car, you buy it anyways because its what you wanted. so why come to the shop then? why would we lie to give you a false sense of security? its a shitty combo to swap. the benefits can be achieved much easier by route of a B series. go get your K series and have fun bud. =)
Old 08-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Jinx2005Riceboy
Under Construction,always

If you can afford it, do it. Yes, indeed Hasport just did it and they are knowledgable in doing such a swap, so they can be a good place to start. It's going to cost some serious dough, though. As far as why not have the rest of the car to go with the engine?Because the car is like $23-25,000 and the engine and swap would be like $10,000 at the most.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:47 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

K series? :wtf: why would you..... unless it's for a show or magazine you......

K series?????

See now I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night going "K series! Why!"

Just playing by the way. Whatever floats the proverbial boat I guess. It's just that older cars get rattles and creaks and you can't always get rid of them. Older cars start to smell and you can't get rid of that. It's true that the CRX was a great little car, but I just want to say that for me, I really love that new car smell, feel, and ride.
That is all.