Notices

Chipped ECU

Old 06-23-2005, 11:00 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped ECU

When you get a chipped ECU will you see a difference in performance? Would it rev up a little faster or you won't really notice a difference?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
VTEC-Power

rev will be the same, but it will rev up higher. It will make a difference depending on what ecu it is. Do no chip your ECU go somewhere like hondata and they will make a nice improvement
Old 06-23-2005, 02:07 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running a Skunk2 ECU (not the chipped ebay crap either) and I definitely notice a difference between my stock ecu and the Skunk2.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

a generic spoon, mugen, skunk2, etc. chip was tuned on a certain engine with certain mods, then mass copied and sold as a one size fits all chip. which is not the case. most times, they just dump in a lot of fuel, advance the timing, remove the rev and speed limiters, and sometimes disable CEL's. avoid these if you actually want performance.

a better solution is a programmable engine management system. there are many to choose from. hondata, aem ems, uberdata, crome, etc. which one to choose depends on what capabilities you want/need and what your tuner is most familiar with.