Notices

ready for a ZC swap

Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM
crxkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ullerw
anyone have some good advice on which tranny to use, i can get the ZC tranny for 40 bucks, and i am already replacing axles and clutch, so that leaves the intermediate shaft correct? how much will this cost me and where can i find that if i do decide to go the ZC tranny route, or the hybrid SI/ZC tranny is what i am actually leaning to, but using the ZC tranny and putting SI fifth gear in
Go with the ZC tranny. It's LSD, and torque steer is kept to a minimum with the equal length axles. If you don't want to go the ZC way, tell me where you were getting that tranny for $40 and I'll buy it.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:39 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by crxkid
Go with the ZC tranny. It's LSD,

Not all of them were.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:32 PM
oc9crx

Im also going to do a dohc zc swap on my 88 crx si, but I have one question. Im going to keep my si tranny, but is there any electrical difference, I heard that there is something different with the distributor. What exactly is it, because I want my swap to come out perfect without no check engine.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Wiring for the ZC consists of relocationg the cylinder position sensor from inside the dizzy to the end of the exhaust cam... So youll have to reroute those wires...

And the plug for the dizzy on your stock harness is different, youll need to cut off and splice on the ZC connector...

Pretty sure thats all of it...
Old 06-25-2005, 07:53 AM
ullerw
rexerk

anyone have any info on a good place to find a ZC other than ebay or Hmotors, i have heard hmotors is still waiting on a shipment, and ebay is kinda dead on the dohc zc motor side right now, and i dont feel like paying 800 for one. i mean i have money ready to order the zc but cant really find one
Old 06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
jlicrx

Originally Posted by oc9crx
Im also going to do a dohc zc swap on my 88 crx si, but I have one question. Im going to keep my si tranny, but is there any electrical difference, I heard that there is something different with the distributor. What exactly is it, because I want my swap to come out perfect without no check engine.
if your DOHC ZC comes with complete engine harness, you are in luck as it is the same as the 88 Si (not 89-91) - it will plug right into everything and you don't need to swap harnesses - 88 Si is the only one that this is true for