need help with oil pres. guage

Old 06-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ED9man
:lmao:
How the hell do you drive like that?
Yeah, really... my engine is designed to drink a quart every 1k and I thought that was a lot.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:36 AM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by Kai
Yeah, really... my engine is designed to drink a quart every 1k and I thought that was a lot.
The rotaries do that factory?

That's crazy.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by ED9man
The rotaries do that factory?

That's crazy.
The factory oiling system includes the "metering oil pump" which slowly feeds two oil injectors in the primary intake runners and two oil injectors directly in the rotor housings. These two injectors per rotor help lubricate the apex seals and greatly improve the lifespan of the engine (mine's at 170k and still going.) It will take about .5-1.0 quart per 1k miles depending how hard you drive.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:16 AM
89civicSiR
thats right im a NOOB!

Originally Posted by Kai
That's horrible, you need a rebuild or replacement engine ASAP.
well im gonna have it looked at and if its the valves im gonna change them myself and if its the rings im gonna do a swap probably have to go with a d16 non vtec unless i wanna spend more money and get my car wired for vtec(which is what someone told me so correct me if im wrong here) but i just dont have the money to throw at my car
Old 06-05-2005, 09:59 AM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by Kai
The factory oiling system includes the "metering oil pump" which slowly feeds two oil injectors in the primary intake runners and two oil injectors directly in the rotor housings. These two injectors per rotor help lubricate the apex seals and greatly improve the lifespan of the engine (mine's at 170k and still going.) It will take about .5-1.0 quart per 1k miles depending how hard you drive.
Wouldn't trust an idiot with that car, lol. I bet the oil change interval is pretty long.