Notices

Another "lowering" question.....

Old 05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "lowering" question.....

First off, Im sorry for asking, but I tried searching and didnt come up with what I need. I have a 90 LX Sedan and want to drop it on some Fat Fives. This sounds noob and all but whats the best combo of spring/shock should I go with. If I had hours on end to read threads on every site, I would, but I need opinions HERE and figure you'd be the ones to ask.

You might ask me, "How low of a drop?". Answer-- enough to where I dont look at my car and think "damn, i should have went lower."

So please, any info, advice, pics, products....whatever. It would be much appreciated. Sorry, Im new to the car thing. Im used to the exact opposite. Just check my sig.

Oh and one more thing. With my rims and drop, what would be the best series tires to run? Again, thanks.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:17 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

The fenderwell of a 90 civic might not be as big as the newer civics, so it would probably be best if you went with 195/55/15 sized tires.

As for your suspension components, I like the way either the Tein S. Techs or H&R springs lower as it gets the fenderwells down just onto the top of the tires. For shocks, you could go with either KYB AGX or Koni's.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 PM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by randomtask77
The fenderwell of a 90 civic might not be as big as the newer civics, so it would probably be best if you went with 195/55/15 sized tires.

As for your suspension components, I like the way either the Tein S. Techs or H&R springs lower as it gets the fenderwells down just onto the top of the tires. For shocks, you could go with either KYB AGX or Koni's.

You can fit 205/50/15's in the fenderwell as long as your drop is not more than 2".Anything more than 2" is too low IMO anyway.
Any of the brands listed above are good,i myself have used Neuspeed spings w/Tokico Shocks.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Thanks for the replies! Cool, now I have somewhere to start from. Much appreciated!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:08 AM
S2Kev

I had Neuspeed Race on my 1990 civic si and I fit 205/55/16's in my fenderwells. No rubbing at all. Keep in mind I believe Neuspeed race springs lower the car 2.25" all around.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by CRAIGHIMSELF
You might ask me, "How low of a drop?". Answer-- enough to where I dont look at my car and think "damn, i should have went lower."
I was actually going to ask "How stiff?" Neuspeed race springs are damn stiff, while some of Tien's offerings are pretty gentle.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:13 PM
CRAIGHIMSELF
Be good

Im looking on eBay right now and see some used Intrax springs for sale. This dude had them on his 90 hatch. Is the suspension setup the same with hatch/sedan?? The springs are going for $50 and he's local.