Notices

Sanding and bondo

Old 05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tankard
There was a post above, not to use bondo. That's the only thing i've ever seen people use to cover small dings with, while prepping for paint. I also fixed huge dents in some of my cars with bondo, after drilling holes and pulling with a dent puller. Yea, i'm sure if you wanted it to be perfect, you would need to replace the whole door, fender, etc.
To do it right and have it last,replace with sheetmetal.
Like i posted,in NYS bondo isn't worth shit.You will get 1-2 yrs out if it before the bubbles come back.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
biotic

I understand your point but what I am asking is quite simple. If you have the extra time while looking at this post, would you mind posting the steps involved in sanding a car. What I mean is, from the first step to the last step of sanding. I am a very fast learner and I do understand that prep work, for a car, is very very time consuming and will take years to master. What I am looking for is a list of items I need to get started and a list of what I need to do first, second, third, etc. I realize that it's not easy to just explain to someone on a board how to sand a car but anything you can tell me will be a great help. Thanks a lot.

Biotic
Old 05-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by mistacee
To do it right and have it last,replace with sheetmetal.
Like i posted,in NYS bondo isn't worth shit.You will get 1-2 yrs out if it before the bubbles come back.
If a body shop is prepping a car for paint, they are not going to cut out a door ding and replace it with sheet metal. They use bondo(or whatever kind of filler). But yea, what your saying is correct. To fix a rust spot, or something like that, the cutting and welding sheetmetal method can be used. A lot more costly if your paying somebody or time consuming if your doing it yourself.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:25 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

One key with bondo if it takes more than a 1/8th inch layer to fill a ding it will crack out within a year. Keep it thin it wasnt made to do miracles...well maybe temporary miracles. Personally I use duraglass.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

email me at streetracingcrx@yahoo.com and I will email you a complete list