Notices

B18c swap

Old 05-09-2005, 07:38 AM
shady visions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, so I'm going to go ahead with the B18c1 (GSR) JDM engine from www.hmotorsonline.com

Has anyone here ordered from them before? I know I'm going to have to get the hydraulic tranny to cable conversion kit for the clutch, right? I'm going to get hasport mounts. But when you order from hmotorsonline.com, do you know if you can order your specific mounts, axels (are all of the axels the same?), the conversion kit, etc, etc. I don't want to order a package and not get the right axels, mounts, etc.

Also, I might turbo this engine in the future. If this engine wouldn't be good for a turbo, someone let me know why, and which one would be better. I've read that some people like the LS/VTEC better for turbo, and some that like the GSR.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:41 AM
shady visions

any help? Hasn't someone here ordered from hmotorsonline.com?
Old 05-13-2005, 07:39 AM
shady visions

bump.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
99teggsr

I ordered a OBD1 GSR swap from Hmotors a few months ago. It only has 37K miles on it and is clean as hell. Although my knock sensor was broken and the tps wasnt included I still am very happy with the engine I got. Hmotors is the best in the business hands down, alot of people will agree with me on this one.

B18c1 (GSr) is a great engine for turbo. It is true that the lsvtec has lots of potential, but the thing is if you dont do it right and have just anyone built it they dont last. They are finicky contraptions, and a boosted GSR will put down more power and me more reliable in the long run.

For the tranny I sugest you get the LSD one which is only an extra 300$ from hmotors. Also you will want to get the OBD1 swap, they have less emisions shit on them and they are much much easier to swap.

For your wiring I sugest you goto www.rywire.com. You can send in your CRX's harness, and your GSR harness and they can make you a hybrid harness so you dont have to pull your hair out with splicing,extending,and spending hours reading pin outs and diagrams. It is worth every penny believe me.

The best mounts are hasports (www.hasport.com), 2nd best IMO is azracemachine.com. If I had to do it all over again i would have gotten this combo:

azracemachine bseries>EF mounts
azracemachine Engine mount (you need this, or you need the mount from a 90 Integra, it is the mount that in right below the cam gears. I just noticed that it isnt listed on azracemachine's website for some reason, give them a call and ask if they still have them for sale, if not then just use the OEM integra one)
azracemachine shift linkage
Hasport rear tranny bracket
and Hasport cable>Hydro conversion.

for axles I sugest you check out www.raxles.com . They can handle as much power you can throw at em and they are designes specifically for B series into EF (unline just using integra axles which require you to remove seals and stuff)

for the best b series ef swap website that goes through everything step by step, and a complete parts list check out www.droppedcrxsi.com , it will help you soooo much more than searching through pages and pages of posts here on honda-acura.net

Heres some pics of my b18c I bought from hmotors, already installed is the skunk2 intake manifold, the cable>hydro conversion and the drivers mount.

my project:

Hope I helped!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:29 AM
shady visions

Yes, you helped a lot thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
nawlinstyper

Default B18C1 BUILT for sale with 5 speed LSD tranny

HI: I have just recently completed a B18C1 Build, It has no miles on the head, valves, springs and cams as they are CTR Cams, CTR Dual Springs exhaust and intake, AEM Fuel Rail and AEM Cam sprockets, with a JE Edelbrock Throttle Body and JEEdelbrock INtake Manifold to match. The head was machined and polished and valves replaced along with the valve seals and guides. The machine shop also specced out the bottom end and all is fine as the bottom end has 75000 miles with no lip in the cylinders and compression tested all cylinders with the new head and leak down tested. This engine is tight with a 5 speed GSR TRanny with a Quafie LSD and all new carbon fiber synchros. This baby should redline at 9000 and wil out perfrom any stock TYpe R engine out there......this engine is complete with wiring harness, vtec, new timing belts, ac, power steering, brand new ACT Pressure plate, 6 puck clutch, 11.5 lb flywheel everything except the engine mounts.......Make me an offer I invested over $5800 into this setup and will take a lot less for it than it would cost for you to build a stock GSR . You can call me at 985-781-5577 or email me directly
Old 05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
99teggsr

he said he was going to go turbo. but that is one nice NA setup you have there, why are you selling it ? I couldnt imagin putting all that time and money into a engine to just turn around and off it.

When it comes down to dollar for dollar put into building an engine a turbo built will outpreform the na built every single time.

infact, if you were to put 6 grand into identical b18c's the turbo one will eat up the na one every time, and could almost double the power & tourque.

Bang for your buck= boost
respect = fast NA honda