Notices

does anyone have patience to talk to me about my 91HF CRX???

Old 05-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have patience to talk to me about my 91HF CRX???

LOL yeah I know alot of you are probably at my topic header, but in all seriousness I am fairly UNinformed about foreign cars and motors. I have now owned an 87 HF CRX and now a 91 HF and I'd really like to just shoot the shit about them. I've floated around different sites mentioned on this board, so those are kind of out of the question.

Im an audio guy, I know about audio stuff, and engines are somewhat tricky for me to understand

either way, my car is in the shop and i guess I just had some questions about it.

CRXBMPN on AIM

Jason
Old 05-03-2005, 05:02 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by Bmpn
either way, my car is in the shop and i guess I just had some questions about it.

CRXBMPN on AIM

Jason

You can just post some questions here.But try searching ,not just here but the entire web. There is tons of info out there and on other honda sites,just search.I am sure the questions you have can be found by searching.The 88-91 crx is a pretty popular model.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:12 AM
aftershock192

hey i have a 90 crx hf and have done all my own work what do you need to know, or want to bullshit about
Old 05-05-2005, 05:24 AM
B20powered
You can't see me

There are tons of crx owners here that more than likely have ran into whatever problems you are having with your car.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Bmpn
Audiophile

yeah no doubt.

I drove it over to the mechanics (i have no hands on skill for motors at all).
There was a whining/grinding sound coming from the tranny/clutch area and I thought the throwout bearing was going or something, come to find out the tranny is just about dead. first and second were horrific. My mechanic who is also a friend said he would replace the tranny and clutch. I'll pay for the tranny and brand new clutch, and he will only be charging me for labor on the tranny probably b/c the clutch wont be any more work going back on if it is new or used.

The car idles like crap as well. as soon as I drive it about 4 miles the thing LITERALLY idles around like 100rpm, i almost have to keep one foot on the accel to makes sure i can keep it up and idling around 800-1000. My amature analysis of this is plugs/wires/dist cap possibly ...

I'll start with that
Thx for the support as well folks.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:46 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I had the same idle problem, first u need to tighten ur accel cable, and then there should be a screw on ur Throttle body, like a gold screw, if ur tighten the screw it will lower ur idle, if you loosen it, it will make your idle go up. Once you find where you would like ur idle, leave the screw and shut the hood. It fixed mine.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

i will look into the accel cable issue. also it doesnt idle super low all the time, only when the car warms up. It was time for new plugs/cap/wires anyways.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Bmpn
Audiophile

well I need a water pump as well, that is where the anti freeze has gone lol.

my father explained to me that the grinding in 1st and 2nd gear were from the bearing those two gears are on being gone. And that 3rd and 4th are on another bearing, and 5th and R are on the last one... maybe I'm learning stuff after all
Old 05-15-2005, 04:47 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I have a water pump if you would like to buy it. It is used, but it still works great. It has about 5,000 miles on it. I replaced t with a performance one. Just e-mail me at e3defboysdown@bellsouth.net
Old 05-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Bmpn
Audiophile

thx but I already picked up one, should have the car back tuesday I work monday night so I cant get it then

man I miss my car.