Notices

Question I need answered fast!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 09:57 AM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying from B Series to D Series or DOHC to SOHC?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:53 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

D series has both DOHC and SOHC versions... All of the exhaust manifolds mount to each other (but they will NOT mount to a B series head), the problem is as jlicrx showed, the holes are not always an exact fit... This isnt too big of a deal... The system will still work, but it wont be as efficient... On applications such as the DOHC ZC where there is no direct fit, this is the only option... But your car should have a direct fit, which will be better for your setup...

B series only comes in DOHC, and the exhaust manifold will not bolt up to a D series engine...
Old 05-03-2005, 10:56 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by jlicrx
D-series exhaust manifolds will not fit on any B-series engine - you couldn't use the same kit on both (if it comes with exhaust manifold)
We were not even talking about b series motors to begin with.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Originally Posted by mistacee
We were not even talking about b series motors to begin with.

He (StreetracingCRX) posted a list of all the applications that a certain kit will work on, in the list is a B series engine and D series engines, and if a B and D are in the same list, its obviously wrong... A B series exhaust mani wont fit on a D series engine... Thats what jlicrx was saying...
Old 05-03-2005, 11:05 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by Exempt
He (StreetracingCRX) posted a list of all the applications that a certain kit will work on, in the list is a B series engine and D series engines, and if a B and D are in the same list, its obviously wrong... A B series exhaust mani wont fit on a D series engine... Thats what jlicrx was saying...
My fault,didn't see that.But to streetracingCRX,That is common knowledge (or should be) when talking about Honda Civic swaps.
Interchanging of parts between D,B,and H series motors doesn't usually work out,since they are all different.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:13 AM
StreetRacingCRX
None

I talked to my friend who installs my parts and he said that the exhaust manifold will not work on my car
Old 05-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Well, with all the confusion, I wouldnt do it... Cuz u never know... Its better safe than sorry... That kit looks like ass anyways, not that looks are everything, but it just looks cheap, I wouldnt buy it... Theres other kits out there made for the D16A6, and will fit your car without a doubt...
Old 05-03-2005, 12:33 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

What kits do you guys reccomend?